greeeg

Custom EzFet Lite

I can see that one 0603 component (CAP?) has a DRC error ;-)

Where is your logo?

You are using a micro USB-B connector, right?

Board is panelized, and fits in a 5cm square. This is the first time I've done this, copper pour gets very close to the edge when the boards are cut.

To pull back the copper pours from the edge of the board just place a 4 mil track (on the keepout layer) 10 or 20 mils (or whatever you desire) back from the edges of the board shape.

Then repour all the polygon pours and they will obey the keepout track.

I can see that one 0603 component (CAP?) has a DRC error ;-)

Where is your logo?

You are using a micro USB-B connector, right?

It's not actually a DRC error, that is my bad though. When creating the fuse I thought it would be cool to make it green, because the part I selected is green.

I guess it would be better to make it a dull grey. :laugh:

My name/date is on the back, I have no logo.

Yes micro. I'll clarify the pour issue was due to me not leaving a big enough gap between the two boards. :P

I was initially a bit puzzled as to why there's a TagConnect header on the board itself. Then I realised it's so you can use one ezFET to program another one. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I may well be interested in one of these when you've finished. I've got a UIF which works, but yours is cooler.  :smile: Also, let me know if you want a laser cut or 3D printed case for it.

I was initially a bit puzzled as to why there's a TagConnect header on the board itself. Then I realised it's so you can use one ezFET to program another one. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I may well be interested in one of these when you've finished. I've got a UIF which works, but yours is cooler.  :smile: Also, let me know if you want a laser cut or 3D printed case for it.

Yes, well the board itself needs to be programmed. I thought it would make a funny "chicken/egg" scenario when it came to program them.

Cool, I've been restraining myself from too much electronics while I take my first semester exams. Once I've worked out the kinks I'll let you know.

v0.2 is on it's way. but still waiting for boards, + I'll need to order some parts.

( I think a case for programmer would be a fair trade ;). I'll be teaching myself 3d CAD soon, need it for another project. )

That is Nice! Good work!

Don't worry about the free space. Sure you could tweak it a bit. It's all about your emotional reaction to the appearance. If it gives you chills or just feels right then you have hit the target.

Experiment with the white space by nudging the text down over top of the clock arms. Reduce the perimeter of the clock as needed. Allow the curves of the text to merge with the curves of the clock perimeter.

Also, experiment with the colors of the clock arms. Try changing them to a nice, crimson so that they pop.

Still, I like what you have done. It's pleasant to my eye.

Tried a script Altium wrote, that creates raster images by stacking 0.01mm traces. It slowed my PC down dramatically. adding ~3000 traces. :S

So I traced over the logo using arcs, filled sections and the proportional text.

Using soldermask + copper to add a few different shades.

post-274-0-87046900-1403720732_thumb.png