greeeg

Custom EzFet Lite

Maybe Greeeg wears a tie as his signature thing?  :laugh:

The clock concept is novel and cool no matter how it is rendered.

I like it!

Thanks.

I wonder if it would be worth looking into the code to see if it could be shrunk down while still being compatible with the tilib standard.

Currently the MSP430F5528 is the most expensive part, at ~$10 ea. in single quantities.

Especially if you only wanted program functionality, ie remove debugging, which makes sense for most tag-connect applications. 

Thanks.

I wonder if it would be worth looking into the code to see if it could be shrunk down while still being compatible with the tilib standard.

Currently the MSP430F5528 is the most expensive part, at ~$10 ea. in single quantities.

Especially if you only wanted program functionality, ie remove debugging, which makes sense for most tag-connect applications. 

Yes, it should be possible to shrink it down, also without removing debugging part. There are lots of inlining, and code itself is not optimized regarding speed / size. At the end it should fit to USB entry level, low cost, 32KB MSP430F550x device.

If code is customized, will not be big problem to add fuse blow, also for MSP430x2xx devices (with additional hardware part, few extra $). And digitally controlled regulator (0 extra $).

My plan was to done it (before MSP430F5529 LP was published, better / low cost version of FET430 UIF) by myself, but now working on my own flasher, so there is no motivation / free time for this.

@greeeg, according to eZ-FET lite documentation, you can also use the F5526, which only cost $5.32 in single quantity from element14

Or MSP430F5519, same as MSP430F5529 but without ADC.

So is there also a MSP430F5516 which cuts both feature sets from the design while still possible? :)

So is there also a MSP430F5516 which cuts both feature sets from the design while still possible? :)

No :( I guess there are already enough options.

post-274-0-45975300-1404744641_thumb.png

Also I'd like to note that, while the code should be 100% compatible with the MSP430F5529, it is a larger device, and is not hardware compatible with the boards I've designed.

Part of deciphering the F55[1/2]x model number:

The last digit has to be even to be the smaller 64pin QFN. if it's odd then you get more I/O pins and a bigger 80-pin package.

Also the hardware connects VCC and VUSB via voltage dividers to ADC channels 0/1, but since the voltage cannot be changed ADC could be removed entirely. if the PC polls for the voltage just return a fixed value.

Yes, of course.

That's their whole purpose. :)

They both work fine as debuggers/programmers in everything compatible with the tilib FET driver. CCS, mspdebug, mspflasher etc.

Thanks for the update.

Which MCU did you settle for in the end? What's the bare minimum required to get this board to work?

Do you have plans to put the design up on the store or something?