43oh

One of those useless gadgets that people might like.  

Cold beer never gets any better when warmer, so looks to me this is only applicable to too-hot drinks.

While a coaster would be nice, it seems to me with variations in the insulation of a cup, you can't really

know the fluid temperature from measuring the cup.  I think you need a new cup of tea.

One powered by the hot liquid, and wireless connected to the internet and can scroll tweets on it...  

Yeah, that is it, a $50 internet cup of tea.  Hope that helps. ;)

One of those useless gadgets that people might like.  

Cold beer never gets any better when warmer, so looks to me this is only applicable to too-hot drinks.

While a coaster would be nice, it seems to me with variations in the insulation of a cup, you can't really

know the fluid temperature from measuring the cup.  I think you need a new cup of tea.

One powered by the hot liquid, and wireless connected to the internet and can scroll tweets on it...  

Yeah, that is it, a $50 internet cup of tea.  Hope that helps. ;)

In fact cold beer gets only worse while getting warm. That is why the coaster will notify you, when your beer  reaches critical temperature (16

The thing with insulation could be a problem with some  cups, like ones with very thick glass bottom. But most ceramic cups I  measured have   almost the same  surface temperature as the liquid inside.

In case you  favourite cup  has low  thermal conductivity, you can set the "desired"  temperature a bit lower  as usual.

How does it do with metal containers?  (Aluminum, pewter, stainless steel, silver - Since they can have low emissivity).

Maybe not the best to use with your silver tea service?

How does it do with metal containers?  (Aluminum, pewter, stainless steel, silver - Since they can have low emissivity).

Maybe not the best to use with your silver tea service?

Yeah,  metals  and especially shiny ones  will not work with it. Brushed or coated metal containers  should work.

But to be honest  a metal cup users  are pretty rare:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

PCB are here! looking awesome, as intended. Right now i need to buy some passive  elements, solder paste and flux for BGA sensor.

Here are some   pictures of  raw PCB. Sorry for lame  quality , I photographed them using my webcam.

I expect to assemble  first prototype  till the end of October.

Small PCB,

post-37450-0-12778700-1413049858_thumb.jpg

Main PCB , Bottom

post-37450-0-55833400-1413050024_thumb.jpg

Main PCB  with  small one,Bottom view (Intended  construction)

post-37450-0-68641400-1413050033_thumb.jpg

post-37450-0-76276500-1413050045_thumb.jpg

Main PCB with Small one, Top view.

post-37450-0-03917500-1413050048_thumb.jpg