Sign in to follow this  
asgard20032

I want to try some new architecture (or rediscover one i already know), what are some nice development board?

There are quite a few Cortex-M devices for automotive temperature ranges these days. I know TI, ADI, and Infineon all have their own offerings.

Unfortunately I work in the 175C range and it limits the available electronics even more then 125C. Microchips high temp selection (with some caveats) work well at and above 150C.

The only offering for the 175&200C range is are the 32bit CPUs and dsps, and cost around 400$ per ic. Power pigs to say the least.

All of us in the high temp realm are waiting patiently for an ARM cortex to become available.

Unfortunately I work in the 175C range and it limits the available electronics even more then 125C. Microchips high temp selection (with some caveats) work well at and above 150C.

The only offering for the 175&200C range is are the 32bit CPUs and dsps, and cost around 400$ per ic. Power pigs to say the least.

All of us in the high temp realm are waiting patiently for an ARM cortex to become available.

I do wonder if high-temperature silicon requires certain design elements which reduce efficiency.  I have to imagine this is the case, given that semiconductor chemistry is a temperature-dependent science.  At least, though, you will have a nicer DMA -- the ARM CM bus system is great.  I absolutely depend on DMA for most (if not all) of my firmware.  People on 43oh know that I don't use any MSP except 5-series.  :)

For what it is worth, I have to deal with a lot of temperature-dependent circuit design myself, although it's on the low-end rather than the high-end.  Low-temp is easier, though, because when processing stops at least nothing gets destroyed.