Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Code Composer Studio v6 now officially released

It's not. TI simply doesn't support MacOSX or 64-bit Linux FYI. @@energia deviates from this with Energia by providing MacOSX and 64-bit Linux support on his own.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

Sounds like running Linux in a virtual machine, then.  

David

Can someone confirm that Content Assist works in 6.0.0.00190?

I'm a complete noob at CCS so I'm not sure what this is, but I'm willing to test & verify.  I'll see if I can read up on what that is.

edit:

Using the search box up top, I see "Content Assist - Content Assist (Ctrl+Space)".  Selecting that brings up a dialog box with... options of some sort.

Putting the cursor in the middle of the _IQ() statement in my code, hitting Ctrl+Space, I see a long list of various _IQ* functions listed.

Cursor on my spi_init(); statement, I see a list of all functions provided by my msp430_spi.c file including the #define SPI_DRIVER_USCI_B

Cursor between the "spi_init" and "()" does something weird, it adds an extra () but it also shows a popup with the source of my spi_init() function which is cool.

When you start typing, press ctrl-space, CA will give you suggestions of possible functions, variables, etc.

For example, if you include msp430.h, typing P1 and then ctrl-space should bring up all possible P1 defines.

post-73-0-69924100-1398955861_thumb.jpg

When you start typing, press ctrl-space, CA will give you suggestions of possible functions, variables, etc.

For example, if you include msp430.h, typing P1 and then ctrl-space should bring up all possible P1 defines.

attachicon.gifca.jpg

Yeah I think it's working for me.

OK, thanks. Must be my setup then. I read on e2e that having multiple versions of xdctools could be the culprit here, so I'll keep digging.

Most of the problems being discussed are related to the gcc part of CCS 6.  If you are used to using the TI C compiler I'm sure you would like the upgraded eclipse version and all the compiler enhancements that come with it.  

OK, problem solved, I had to change/restore my CA behavior settings.

Prefs->C/C++->Editor->Cont Assist->Advanced.

I suspect they got corrupt when my laptop crashed.

...If you are used to using the TI C compiler I'm sure you would like the upgraded eclipse version and all the compiler enhancements that come with it.  

I agree, I had no issues with the latest releases.

It's a shame it doesn't support OS X.  You think TI would have figured-out that in the last 5 years, virtually all software devs in the USA have switched to Mac, and this represents a lot of the hobbyist community.  I use a mac for my personal laptop, and if CCS were available to run natively I might muck around with MSP430 on the weekends.  Oh well, maybe v6.1.

Bold words for a guy from Redmond Washington!

Well, I went to school in New Jersey, and they had swapped-out their Sparcs for Macs in 2002, so it's not just Silicon Valley.  In any case, the big conferences here draw people from all over.  It is becoming strangely unusual to see Windows laptops at these conferences.  I think I even met some TI-ers at a San Jose embedded show who were using Apple laptops.

@@jpnorair just pulling your leg ;-) that being said, most/many that develop other things than mobile apps and web sites will run a VM with whatever they need to do their actual work.

PS: now, if Microsoft could finally support standard USB device classes (CDC virtual serial ports in particular) without the need for signed drivers..