ajitnayak

IDE FOR Stellaris LaunchPad (EK-LM4F120XL)

Dear all,

I am planning to purchase above product. I would like to know which version of Energia IDE suit for above launch pad. I have UECIDE IDED . 

What are library function can run on With above IDE, Previously i worked with Mpide IDE , I found they using any same library function like arduino . I found due register handling different device not working /responding properly.

I have used stellaris launchpad with energia. Library like TIMER /Software Serial not working. IS any IDE suggested Will eliminate such draw backs.Is anyone already tested library . let me know which library working fine here. . your help will be help me and other also. 

Welcome to LaunchPad and Energia!

If you've used Mpide for the chipKIT boards, you can use Energia for the LaunchPad Stellaris LM4F120. Take the latest version, numbered 12.

post-12238-0-82613900-1396856102_thumb.png post-12238-0-90501700-1396856107_thumb.png

Both are based on the same Wiring / Arduino framework and sport the same interface. 

That means most of your code is compatible, excepted PIC32-specific calls. 

Now, Mpide relies on the Wiring / Arduino 0023 framework while Energia is based on the Arduino 1.0 framework.

So you'll need to perform some minor changes

Welcome to LaunchPad and Energia!

If you've used Mpide for the chipKIT boards, you can use Energia for the LaunchPad Stellaris LM4F120. Take the latest version, numbered 12.

attachicon.gifLogo MPIDE.png attachicon.gifLogo Energia.png

Both are based on the same Wiring / Arduino framework and sport the same interface. 

That means most of your code is compatible, excepted PIC32-specific calls. 

Now, Mpide relies on the Wiring / Arduino 0023 framework while Energia is based on the Arduino 1.0 framework.

So you'll need to perform some minor changes

chipKIT MPIDE still relies on the old Wiring/Arduino 0023 framework, which is partially compatible with the new Arduino 1.0 framework, which Energia is based on.

Among other things, old Wiring/Arduino 0023 framework invokes #include "WProgram.h" while Arduino 1.0 uses #include "Arduino.h" and Energia #include "Energia.h". For chipKIT and MPIDE related question, please consider the chipKIT forum instead.

SoftwareSerial is of limited utility for the Stellaris LaunchPad as the board includes 8 hardware serial ports.

Most of the other libraries you mention are either already included in the Energia distribution, or available at the sub-forum Energia Libraries

Feel free to use the Search box on the top-right with the "Arduino Energia porting" keywords. You'll find interesting threads that can help you, like Need advice porting Arduino code to Energia among many other results.

Please use the dedicated Energia section as your post is related to Energia.

The 43oh forum has a sister forum, Stellarisiti, more focused on the Stellaris and Tiva C Series LaunchPads, also with the dedicated sections Energia and Energia Libraries.

You'll need to search and find the different libraries by yourself, and spend some time adapting them to your specific needs. That's part of the fun! 

Now, if you're a professional, this is a forum aimed at hobbyists. Please consider instead the professional E2E forum at http://e2e.ti.com.

Hi all, I used Energia some days now with a StellarisLP and came across two "problems".

1. an O and an 0 look the same on my Win7 PC.

2. Integer is described as a 2 byte value, hoewever...they take up 4 bytes in a Stellaris. See next sketch.

/*Stellaris LaunchPad
EK-LM4F120XL

energia-0101E0012/reference/Int.html

Integer is described as a 2 byte value, however...

This little sketch shows that integers take up 4 bytes
in a Stellaris LaunchPad and not 2 Bytes

Uncomment one // line, hit Verify and a "will not fit in region `ram'" error appears.

*/

#include "Energia.h"
#include "inc/hw_memmap.h"
#include "inc/hw_types.h"
#include "inc/hw_ints.h"

//byte i[33000]; // will not fit in region `ram'
//byte i[32000]; // ok fits
int i[9000]; // will not fit in region `ram'
//int i[8000];  // ok fits
//long i[9000]; // will not fit in region `ram'
//long i[8000];  // ok fits

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
i[9]=i[8] ;
}

I noticed this difference too, just use int16_t instead of int and you're fine.

You could also insert a line:

#define int int16_t

But be careful, this replaces the int datatype by the int16_t datatype and could break code in libraries or elsewhere.

I noticed this difference too, just use int16_t instead of int and you're fine.

Might be a good idea to use all uint types, for portability and code density reasons.