43oh

Trading Propeller Quickstart Boards

I've got three Propeller Quickstart Boards P8X32A boards to trade for robot sensor stuff or launchpads.

Here's the link to what they are:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/791?gclid=CO_Oscymv70CFQsSMwodkQEAhg

These are pretty cool - 8 'buttons', 8 LED's, full access to all pins, easy to breadboard with.

Two are new in the package and one is loose, no usb cable.

Also have Propeller chip in PDIP40 package.

Let me know what you have to trade for it.  I'm on the robotics angle, so sensors are always on my shopping list.

-Unsolicited Rant-

I was seduced by the large number of pins and the pure speed and concurrency.  Plus log-antilog tables are cool.  Wanted to do spiking neural network stuff.  Figured it was a better number cruncher than the '430.

Unfortunately, the free tools for Propeller won't support STEPPING THROUGH THE CODE!  Yes, you can get ViewPort, it's free for 30 days, then you'll need to cough up $100-$200.  When it's simpler to debug assembly on a 430, or BASIC on my ZX81 than in high level language like Spin on a monster proc like a Propeller, well, something is just wrong.  I'm going to reward TI for delivering a complete and usable environment.

I love the concept of multiple cores, and I get the 'use cogs as 'soft' peripherals' idea, and the shared HUB memory appeals to me, and God knows I love an underdog, and I think Parallax is an awesome company.

BUT - it's just too hard to debug in my book.  And the little 430 can output PWM with the CPU off -> Try that Mr. Propeller!

-end rant-

I've got three Propeller Quickstart Boards P8X32A boards to trade for robot sensor stuff or launchpads.

Here's the link to what they are:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/791?gclid=CO_Oscymv70CFQsSMwodkQEAhg

These are pretty cool - 8 'buttons', 8 LED's, full access to all pins, easy to breadboard with.

Two are new in the package and one is loose, no usb cable.

Also have Propeller chip in PDIP40 package.

Let me know what you have to trade for it.  I'm on the robotics angle, so sensors are always on my shopping list.

-Unsolicited Rant-

I was seduced by the large number of pins and the pure speed and concurrency.  Plus log-antilog tables are cool.  Wanted to do spiking neural network stuff.  Figured it was a better number cruncher than the '430.

Unfortunately, the free tools for Propeller won't support STEPPING THROUGH THE CODE!  Yes, you can get ViewPort, it's free for 30 days, then you'll need to cough up $100-$200.  When it's simpler to debug assembly on a 430, or BASIC on my ZX81 than in high level language like Spin on a monster proc like a Propeller, well, something is just wrong.  I'm going to reward TI for delivering a complete and usable environment.

I love the concept of multiple cores, and I get the 'use cogs as 'soft' peripherals' idea, and the shared HUB memory appeals to me, and God knows I love an underdog, and I think Parallax is an awesome company.

BUT - it's just too hard to debug in my book.  And the little 430 can output PWM with the CPU off -> Try that Mr. Propeller!

-end rant-

I do not need the propeller boards.

I can send you one. Depends which Launchpad you are interested in?