43oh

Problem Programming MSP430G2 Rev. 1.4

I am using the latest version of Energia.

I am using an M430G2452 on the Launchpad

When I try to program my chip, I get this error:

"Erasing...
tilib: MSP430_Erase: Could not read device memory (error = 6)
ihex: error on line 42
tilib: MSP430_Run: Could not read Enhanced Emulation Module register (error = 20)"

I did a few searches and they all lead to a firmware update on a WIKI page that has been deleted.

I can't be the only person with this problem right?

I am using the latest version of Energia.

I am using an M430G2452 on the Launchpad

When I try to program my chip, I get this error:

"Erasing...

tilib: MSP430_Erase: Could not read device memory (error = 6)

ihex: error on line 42

tilib: MSP430_Run: Could not read Enhanced Emulation Module register (error = 20)"

I did a few searches and they all lead to a firmware update on a WIKI page that has been deleted.

I can't be the only person with this problem right?

Do you have the correct Board type selected?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

What operating system are you on?

Do you happen to have another MSP430 that you could try in the socket? I think version of the LaunchPad also comes with either a G2231 or a G2553.

This just to make sure that the MSP430 is OK.

@@bluehash the G-series LaunchPad can not be upgraded using Energia. I think there has only ever been 1 firmware upgrade for the G-Series LaunchPad and that was I think for v 1.2.

I am on Windows 7.

I do have another MSP430 but it is not with me. I should be able to get to it this week. I will try then.

Regarding the firmware update, this is the post that I found when I searched for my error:

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/3965-cannot-program-msp40g2553-with-launchpad-rev14/

It appears that there was an update. @@spirilis actually responded on that post regarding an update and it appeared to resolve his problem. The Wiki page has since then been deleted.

Every other search result turned up similar posts with similar responses resolving the problem. I feel like I'm chasing an old issue and I'm kind of confused as to why that page was deleted or why that solution is no longer valid.

Gotcha, strange that page was deleted March 14th by user Wmat.  @@energia or @@adrianF or @@D^2 or @@KatiePier Do any of you have access to the old MSP430G2 LaunchPad updater for the v1.4 LP's FET?

It was originally linked from this wiki page: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_Firmware_Update

but that page was recently deleted.