Sign in to follow this  
MisterUnix

Howdy from Katy, Texas.

First thanks to the Delevelopers and Contributors to the Energia project. Without you guys and gals my two Launchpads would have went in the trash last night.

I have been fighting the TI CCS for six months and each time I started a new test project it would take days to get the compiler options setup enough to do what I wanted. Even working with GCC was turning out to be a pain - but easier than CCS! I was just about to give up on the Launchpad and go back to other ARM boards when I noticed a comment at hackaday.com referencing Energia.

After deciding to work withing the limits and constraints of the arduino system I downloaded it and had a working program in 10 minutes. I dont think it is possible to have that kind of turnaround with the TI CCS development environment.

To everyone in the Energia community - you have a new convert and friend!

Bill Jones

First thanks to the Delevelopers and Contributors to the Energia project. Without you guys and gals my two Launchpads would have went in the trash last night.

I have been fighting the TI CCS for six months and each time I started a new test project it would take days to get the compiler options setup enough to do what I wanted. Even working with GCC was turning out to be a pain - but easier than CCS! I was just about to give up on the Launchpad and go back to other ARM boards when I noticed a comment at hackaday.com referencing Energia.

After deciding to work withing the limits and constraints of the arduino system I downloaded it and had a working program in 10 minutes. I dont think it is possible to have that kind of turnaround with the TI CCS development environment.

To everyone in the Energia community - you have a new convert and friend!

Bill Jones

@@MisterUnix Welcome to 43oh! Glad everything worked out.

Copying @@energia here, so he can see it.

Bill i know how you feel. We too was having a bit of a go, go, and go-around with ccs, but now after some updating it is now working out better for us.