Sign in to follow this  
abc

Serial connection works under Energia, garbled under ccs v6 Beta

Hi,

I am doing the standard 

Serial.begin(300); // This is what this has come down to

Serial.println("Hello!");

Works swimmingly under Energia, can't get it to work under ccs v6b Beta. Wonder why?

Tried Putty, tried Terminal built into ccs, even tried Energia's serial monitor. Tried different baud rates, different stop bit/parity, all other parameters (well, not combinations obviously).

Why does not it work? (Other than this being a Beta)

I only need serial for debug, so.. what are other alternatives that would help me debug this? Can I read/write to console? I suppose I could output to a String and then evaluate the String, but how do I input? 

Hi,

I am doing the standard 

Serial.begin(300); // This is what this has come down to

Serial.println("Hello!");

Works swimmingly under Energia, can't get it to work under ccs v6b Beta. Wonder why?

Tried Putty, tried Terminal built into ccs, even tried Energia's serial monitor. Tried different baud rates, different stop bit/parity, all other parameters (well, not combinations obviously).

Why does not it work? (Other than this being a Beta)

I only need serial for debug, so.. what are other alternatives that would help me debug this? Can I read/write to console? I suppose I could output to a String and then evaluate the String, but how do I input? 

@@abc Welcome to 43oh.

Try asking this in the CC6 Beta forums. Looks like a bug. The developers of CCS can chime in.

@@bluehash, thank you.

@@grahamf72, hmm.. I'll check.

I stopped using the device to which I've been trying to connect, for unrelated reasons. Besides, the connection was precarious: cts and rts were floating, no crystal, unstable device. Anything could happen. Thank you everyone for your help.

Apparently, that was due to the lack of flow control on both UARTs I had bridged (between peripheral device and backchannel)