43oh

HI folks-

Old time forum member here, but been away from the microcontroller hobby for a few years... sold my old house, moved to a rental for a year, now finally in a new "permanent" house for hopefully a long time.  The basement is an utter mess but I have all my electronics parts, soldering equipment, an entire bin dedicated to TI launchpads, stored in my crawlspace (w/ dehumidifier) for when I clean up this mess of a basement & set up my new workbench.

So what's everyone working on these days?

1 hour ago, Rei Vilo said:

Nice to see you back!

I've terminated the embedXcode project (it is now under LTS). I'm switching away from Apple and transitioning to Debian.

Many projects on IoT and displays, as usual, and starting to investigate AI with edge computing.

AI and edge?  That sounds fancy... what kind of edge hardware?

7 hours ago, bluehash said:

Hello!

Looks like a nice space to spread your stuff.

The last year was tough, but got through it. All my work is at home now, no active side projects... however I'm going to pick up an old powerwheels jeep for cheap and fix it up for my kid's birthday 😀

Ha that is cool!  I guess one side project I need to pick up "at some point" (code phrase for "sometime next century if I'm still alive") is DIY electrification of our bicycles.  My son especially needs some motorized motivation... we moved to an area that's quite hilly!