43oh

Modify MSP-EXP430F5529LP

Hi!

For my project I want to modify the MPS430-Launchpad (mentioned above). My goal is to minimize the size of the board to 1,5 x 1,5 inches. 

I know that's small, but I don't need all ports. The ez-Fet lite is just for debugging, right? Is it possible to just remove it in EAGLE from the schematic, because there's no need for debugging in my project? Does the board still work with just the MSP430F5529 and the USB HUB?

Finally, the PCB should just have 3 pin strips and the micro-USB. The board should then be powered by a 3V3 input via the pin strips. (And it should work from the USB as well)

Thanks in advance!!

Greets,

Max 

Hi!

For my project I want to modify the MPS430-Launchpad (mentioned above). My goal is to minimize the size of the board to 1,5 x 1,5 inches.  ... I know that's small, but I don't need all ports. 

You could probably fit this onto a PLCC-44 chiclet board -- i.e. a PCB that fits inside a PLCC-44 socket -- if you really wanted to. 

I just need a schematic to create a layout, it must have a (micro)) USB Port, and it should be programmable via Energia or CodeComposer.

I suggest you outline what you need, first. Then what tools you have.

You can use a EXP-msp430F5529lp without trouble to program a board without the added parts (QFN 5528 I think the lp has on it). You can use the BSL but that requires more specialized circumstances to start up (BSL button on that board) I don't know what software is needed to use the BSL option.

List what you intend to do

List what you believe you need to do it.

Find the difference. It's easy to program the LP board as is but it doesn't have all the IO I would like on it (heh).

You can use that board to program your board for your purposes using the SBW method (those jumpers are on the board for that purpose).

However write down your needed IO and anlogue (if you need USB or not etc.) It's better not to use the micro USB style connector they used as they are hard to get and less rugged than the mini B type (cables of useful length are a real challenge as the micro connector was designed for cell phone usage not for stuff like the lp).

If you intend to use the USB you should decide the device class etc. (HID CDC MSC etc. ) or composite. The TI provided USB stack is nice but a bit bloated (seriously). I won't comment on thier interrupt usage as it wouldn't be polite.

Anyhow you should decide what you need then determine what to implement from thier. Otherwise you can spin yourself in circles if you aren't careful.

Cyb