43oh

Mailbag

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure if this quite counts as "mailbag" as it's a bit big, but this was delivered recently. A nice new workshop for the end of the garden that I'm currently busy kitting out with workbenches, p

I finally got my NFC implant err... implanted. I'm very happy with it. You'll find full details here but if you just want the gory details...    

Let's not get into a discussion about religion. I'll get frustrated. You'll get offended. Everyone else will be bored. We believe different things. Let's just leave it at that.

Posted Images

My apartment complex sent me a message that I had a new package delivery!

Thanks USPS!!

attachicon.gifIMG_20141010_133043470.jpg

Luckily everything inside was intact.  30 RocketBadges from @@cubeberg!

attachicon.gifIMG_20141010_133119052.jpg

I'll be using these to teach some high school kids where I volunteer as a robotics mentor how to solder.  Hopefully I'll be back later with photos from the lessons.

Could you send us a pic of them soldering it( with permission, of course )

Finally received the purple PCBs with the new dAISy layout matching the enclosures I recently posted about.

post-9974-0-23916100-1414199800_thumb.jpg

A perfect fit with less than a millimeter to spare on top of the BNC. The exposed ground plane on the edges looks nice but unfortunately is for naught: turns out the black coating of the aluminum enclosure is non-conductive :sad:.

I will probably build up only one unit, to check whether I screwed something up. Then add all the new ideas I had in the two weeks I've been waiting for the PCBs and respin it.

Also trying to figure out a sensible way to cut the holes into the front plate.

@chicken-

If you don't mind a round hole, a step drill bit, a.k.a. "uni-bit" could drill the hole. To maintain the square-ish shape of the hole, find a bit that matches the radius of the corners, drill the four corners, then use a coping saw or similar to cut the straight edges.

• 4 weeks later...

Scroller? That'll be a bit noisy won't it? Looks like a nice display though.

Yes - it will definitely be a little noisy :)  I'm going to see how noisy it is and go from there.  The split flap doesn't have as much moving around, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.  Plus I need to build a case which might help.