chicken

Mailbag

Holy quadruple post batman! (had the same problem myself yesterday)

Joe @ the Roll Sign Gallery (found the link in the comments on the hackaday flip dot clock post).  I emailed him (address on the page below) and asked if he had any surplus displays/parts.  Cost about $80 including shipping.  The full dot display was $105 so I opted for the cheaper (although only 4 vs 9 pounds)

http://www.rollsigngallery.com/transitstore/esigns.html

He said he could get others. Don't expect a quick response if anybody emails him, but he was nice and very helpful.  

The mailmen knocked thrice the last two days, so I thought it might be worth reviving this thread :)

post-9974-0-17395100-1428710691_thumb.jpg

Art of Electronics, 3rd edition (bumped top right corner! :angry: thanks Amazon for crap packaging, as always with heavy books)

10 12 dAISy USB PCBs and steel stencil from Dirty PCBs (shipped by DHL, took 9 business days from order to delivery)

20 24 dAISy USB front plates from Dirty PCBs (shipped by slow boat, took exactly 1 month, batch number on the silk screen side :angry: I wonder if I should try with the "front" on the bottom layer next time)

I am so happy I have to share it with the world. Finally got a Dremel! These things are so darn expensive here in Brazil (just like everything else) that it took me a while until I could buy one. Actually I received a gift from my employer which covered almost the entire cost, I only had to put a few bucks on top of it. Can't wait till I get home so I can drill something  B)

post-22933-0-75183200-1432644861_thumb.jpg

I am so happy I have to share it with the world. Finally got a Dremel! These things are so darn expensive here in Brazil (just like everything else) that it took me a while until I could buy one. Actually I received a gift from my employer which covered almost the entire cost, I only had to put a few bucks on top of it. Can't wait till I get home so I can drill something  B)

attachicon.gifWP_20150526_002.jpg

Nice! Now take a piece of wood and start grinding away :)

I'm not sure if this quite counts as "mailbag" as it's a bit big, but this was delivered recently. A nice new workshop for the end of the garden that I'm currently busy kitting out with workbenches, power, ethernet, etc. It obviously also required the purchase of some more power tools to do the job.

post-3-0-99631100-1432657822_thumb.jpg

Not yet - but it will. I've got some thumb turn cylinder locks on the rest of the house too. Perfect for attaching a servo or stepper motor to the back.

It will also have Tiva Connected launchpad network controlled lighting. It'll be months before I sort all that though.

Not quite eBay, but some of these home offices do come as a flat pack kit. Whilst it looks very nice, it is essentially an insulated shed. I went for a company that builds it on site for you, as I've got plenty of things to keep me busy sorting out the inside. I'll post some photos in the "show off your workspace" thread once it's done. It's about 10 times my previous space but I'm sure I'll fill it!

@@Fred If you put solar on the roof and then use one of those new Tesla power packs, you will have built the thing that I am dreaming to build, exactly.  Although you would need to part with a fair bit of money!  That is why dreams are dreams.   :)

@@jpnorair It would be much cheaper here in the UK... because a full roof solar panel would be perfectly matched with a couple of AA NiCds.

Yeah, I don't guess solar is the most cost effective power generation technology in the UK.  

Maybe you can collect rain and run it through hydro.  ;)

SensorTag2 DevPack came in. I'm waiting for the SensorTag to come in.

Looks like this tiny guy has tag connect support.

WP_000070.jpg
WP_20150602_16_27_39_Pro.jpg

@@spirilis I never noticed the TagConnect on the Tiva Launchpad.

@@zeke If it could, would it be better/cheaper than half a Launchpad?

I wonder if I could use that as a standalone jtag programmer/debugger for my own boards?

Good idea! a small backpack for $15.

Probably more like the XDS on the MSP432 LP- the chip on there is a TM4C1294NCPDT just like on the MSP432's debugger. The tag connect footprint is likely how they upload the initial XDS firmware on the programmer's TM4C129 chip. Tiva launchpads' ICDI has a similar tag connect footprint for that purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I doubt the tag connect is for programming the TM4c1294. They could load firmware via USB bootload on that chip. Also because the MSP432 Launchpad does not have that connector.

Interesting that it has tag connect. I notice that it can be used with the TM4C1294 too. Is it essentially the same ICDI that's on the TM4C Launchpad on a different form factor?

Hi guys, moving this this Debuggers for discussion. Keeping quote here for reference.

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/8576-cc2650-stk-sensortag-devpack-debugger/