chicken

Mailbag

! You are going to implant it? Make sure you take pics:)

Question: What if you want to take it out?

I second the "take pics."

As for removing it, all you need is a sharp knife, good tweezers, antiseptic, and some super glue (long story, and nothing to do with RFID).  On this note, I also recommend installing it into a part of your body easily accessible to your dominant hand.  Embedded engineers are accustomed to soldering tiny components.  Surgery is a walk in the park.  :)

The postman just bought me a NFC-enabled Samsung Ezon SHS 2320 lock for my workshop. I had to get it eBayed direct from Korea as you can't seem to get them in the UK. Why? Because my implantable NFC tag should be on its way soon. Not directly MSP430-related, but expect to see more NFC projects from me once I'm chipped. My wife wasn't impressed and thinks it's creepy.

I did think about making my own. I'm OK with the NFC bit but a decent motorised lock is hard to come by. Plus, if my wife can't get in because of a by a bug in my code I'd be in trouble!

I second the "take pics."

As for removing it, all you need is a sharp knife, good tweezers, antiseptic, and some super glue (long story, and nothing to do with RFID).  On this note, I also recommend installing it into a part of your body easily accessible to your dominant hand.  Embedded engineers are accustomed to soldering tiny components.  Surgery is a walk in the park.  :)

@@Fred, If you can, please do an "install" thread in the General Electronics section. For some reason, I'm super-excited. This is like Kevin Warwick awesome.

Banner day:

Noritake 114X16 display and Rigol DS2072 'scope. Scope is gonna take some getting used to.

Now, to figure out what to do with the old HP 130C scope. Still works great and checks to spec (actually, better than spec. nominal is 500KHz, but quite acceptable for sub microsecond pulses), but at 50 years old and all tubes, it is getting a little long in the tooth, and space being what space is...

Some LED matrices came today.

Dual colour, 1.9mm LEDs, The 3 rows of pins makes for interesting compact board designs.

Funnily enough the pin layout is much simpler than other matrices I've used. These have 3 rows each lines up bit0-bit7 of the matrix.

post-274-0-48899900-1394527447_thumb.jpg

Some LED matrices came today.

Dual colour, 1.9mm LEDs, The 3 rows of pins makes for interesting compact board designs.

Funnily enough the pin layout is much simpler than other matrices I've used. These have 3 rows each lines up bit0-bit7 of the matrix.

attachicon.gifIMG_3817.JPG

Hi @@greeeg,

where did you find them?

yosh

@@t0mpr1c3 That must be an interesting experience. I'm imagining them jumping off the PCB and sticking to your soldering iron. Would hot air be easier? Let us know how you get on.