Sign in to follow this  
Thorvard

Problems with Interrupts on Port 2 when using CC3000 Boosterpack

Hardware: MSP430F5529 Launchpad, CC3000 Boosterpack.

Hi,

im running a webduino port on the Launchpad and connected a chip (cannot disclose which chip), which requires software spi since it doesnt have a CS pin, to the launchpad.

P2.5 is connected to the Data Ready Pin / Data Out pin of the chip.

P2.4 to SCLK of the Chip

When Data is available, the chip signals with a falling edge on Data Ready Pin, i attached an interrupt to that pin - attachInterrupt(dataReadyPin,readChip,FALLING);

The interrupt gets invoked about ten times a second and when continously polling a webpage (small xml document with the chip readings, about every 500ms) the main loop hangs after a while (about 2-5 minutes). My interrupt is still running, i'm toggling the red_led in the interrupt routine and its still blinking. The CC3000 responds to pings.

So i suspect there is some problem with the communication of the Launchpad with the CC3000.

After rewiring the DataReadyPin to P1.5, and therefore attaching the interrupt to port 1, everything works fine, the server is running for an hour without problems now.

So i suspect there is a problem in either the energia code for the interrupts or the SimpleLinkWifi interrupt handler since the CC3000 IRQpin is connected to P2.0.

best regards,

Nick