43oh

MSP430 university project

- MSP430G2553
- LCD - DEM16216SYH      // connected in 4bit mode
- DS18b20                         //connected in external supply, 1-wire protocol
- PTD                                //connected in 3 pins
- keyboard 3x4                  // connected in 4 pins 
- buzzer                             // connected in 2 pins

I have problems with my project principal, who don't really help me. I have no idea how to construct this project in software base. 
I really will appreciate some help, like advise about the approach. I have the hardware, I have idea how to connect it, I read about that, but the connection depends more or less from the software code. I am not so good to programming a microcontroller. I need some examples, which will work and i can learn from them and developed the whole project on my own. I found for start lib_ds18b20, I plan to connect the sensor + display to MSP430 and try run them with some code examples, may be. I will have work during the week, but next weekend I will spend it entirely to do this. 

post-36014-0-79858800-1391376066_thumb.png

See my post in projects for an example using ds18B20. Not the most beautiful code, but does the job. The portions that deal with reading/controlling the ds18B20 will hopefully give you some guidance. I DO NOT recommend copying as presented. The types are not ideal, the low level functions should be inlined, and, for a single sensor, things can be streamlined by eliminating the channel bitmask.

I would also question how you connected the keypad. What are the resistors for? With your row and column connections sharing pins, what will happen if you press the '1' key?

If you borrow code or schematics, don't neglect to reference the source clearly. It is for your benefit, so you will know where to go if you need more information later, as well as good moral practice.

Just a couple of quick observations of your circuit -
Your multiplexing of the keypad won't work - there is no way to detect 1, 5 & 9 buttons. With care you can share the keypad verticals or horizontals with the LCDs data lines.

The LCD module uses D4-D7 in 4 bit mode and D0-D3 should all be grounded.

The RTD connection doesn't look right either - hard to tell without device specifics, but whole way it is connected to the op-amp, and the way the + & - inputs of the op-amp go to the MSP430 don't look right for a device that is normally resistive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be more worried about the fact that you're on a University course that obviously involves microcontrollers and you say you aren't good at programming microcontrollers.

Everyone on here is very helpful and if you're stuck on something specific then it's a great place to get some advice. However, getting other people to do your work isn't really fair. I'd suggest you start with your textbooks. If your project principal isn't very helpful then I'd suggest asking him again. If he's really refusing to teach you then let the university know.

What does everyone else think? Am I being too harsh?

Yea guys you are right, i didn't wrote here to search somebody to do my job. Exactly because I learn the university will not teach me, I must teach myself. I take few courses for programming with C# and now working, but only that project left from the university, however I will be active at the weekend and work on it, also i will check to the new users. 

So, I must start topic with specific question or issue, not so common. I am sorry may be i should move the topic to the new users.

Yea guys you are right, i didn't wrote here to search somebody to do my job. Exactly because I learn the university will not teach me, I must teach myself. I take few courses for programming with C# and now working, but only that project left from the university, however I will be active at the weekend and work on it, also i will check to the new users. 

So, I must start topic with specific question or issue, not so common. I am sorry may be i should move the topic to the new users.

Welcome!

You are good for now. Keep us updated on your progress.

Also, have a look at Energia, as others have stated.