43oh

It doesn't make any difference if there's a card in front of the reader or not, I still get status 2, backbits 11 or 61016.

I've tried two different boards, so unless the crystal is broken on both, I expect that's not the problem. I'm willing to test but I don't have voltmeter or oscilloscope.

I'm willing to buy different hardware if you have any suggestions.

It doesn't make any difference if there's a card in front of the reader or not, I still get status 2, backbits 11 or 61016.

I've tried two different boards, so unless the crystal is broken on both, I expect that's not the problem. I'm willing to test but I don't have voltmeter or oscilloscope.

I'm willing to buy different hardware if you have any suggestions.

I don't know what to say now, if you have time (LOOOONG) wait it arrive this board to me too I can do some inspection at my side, I bought few day ago and at almost 20 to 40 day can elapse before delivery... I hope we can solve trouble I bought 5 board to make some access control as teaching exercise.

Another hardware I don't know for now, this is most cheap and popular, I know TI device but it was expensive and more complex to use.

If you are on Europe try olimex but it is much more expensive

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/RFID/

on USA try sparkfun adafruit pololu or similar.

IMHO is better solve issue before to change hardware, both board answer at same deterministic mode?