bluehash

What are you doing right now..?

Printing a holder for a aiming laser for my CO2 laser on my new homemade 3D printer. The printer controller contains a Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint, an Arduino with a Ramps shield and an "intelligent power switch"  based on a MSP430G2553 circuit of my design for booting/shutting down the Pi. I am using FreeCad & Slic3r for the 3D workflow - a lot of new stuff to learn...

post-45966-0-06455700-1484639090_thumb.jpg

"On the edge" - I finally got around to port the latest GRBL version (1.1f) to ARM, in the process HALifying and making a library out of it. I then integrated it into my Tiva C based CO2-laser controller card codebase - next step is to hook it up to the laser proper to verify everything is working outside the test setup.

I have to spend some time to learn git - currently I use Subversion for source control, running on my local server. I will not swich to git, Subversion works great for me, but for making code available to the community git is the way forward?

Implementing a HAL-driver should be relatively straightforward, the core GRBL code in my port is nearly 100% hardware agnostic and all hardware related code can reside in one file (the HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer).

A preliminary version of my port can be found in the tread  "Portability Experiments (ARM M4)" over at  https://github.com/gnea/grbl/issues

post-45966-0-74683400-1488032353_thumb.jpg

Test rig, from the edge...

Terje