43oh

Bluetooth and MSP430G2

I took MSP430G2 and Bluetooth (JY-MCU Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module). Today I decided to try them and tied them in the following manner as explained HERE . All downloaded super and application Android BlueTerm, let the application run, and MSP-it got the following program:

char valor=0;

void setup()
    {
      Serial.begin(9600);
    }

void loop()  //Bucle infinito
    {
        if (Serial.available())//Si hay una caracter en el buffer serial
        { 
            valor = Serial.read();// Se lee el valor num

I took MSP430G2 and Bluetooth (JY-MCU Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module). Today I decided to try them and tied them in the following manner as explained HERE . All downloaded super and application Android BlueTerm, let the application run, and MSP-it got the following program:

char valor=0;         void setup()    {      Serial.begin(9600);    }         void loop()  //Bucle infinito    {        if (Serial.available())//Si hay una caracter en el buffer serial        {             valor = Serial.read();// Se lee el valor num

Simplify the problem a bit.  Just make the loop write a single char (I like U...) and see if you can read it in a serial program.  I would consider using realTerm over putty for debugging uart issues as well.  It has a lot of good features for digging down to the raw byte stream, including a nice indicator light that tells you when there are framing errors.

I fixed my problem. And here's what he was. My numbers chip is M430G2553, I compiled and uploaded for M430G2452. And hence the problem. 

For writing the program code used Energia. Comfortable me because it is one written for Arduino. Will definitely go then C, but for starters I think it's great. 

This wonder realterm is very good. I will definitely use it in the future. 

Thanks for all the answers :)

Here is a picture of what chip concerns 

FOW73U8H5TU7BO3.MEDIUM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've done exactly this, and it's not trivial.

I suppose you could attempt to interface another btle transceiver with the msp430 and communicate wirelessly, but I don't even want to think about what that would involve. I don't think the msp430 has the horsepower to pull it off.

What I did was to write completely custom firmware for the sensor tag that pushes out the sensor data over the UART which is accessible through the ez430 header back by the battery. The trick is, once you go past the 30 day trial of the IAR license, the restricted code size is so small is hard to do much of anything.

My code is in my git repo:

https://github.com/mjbeals/RocketPack/tree/streamlined

Look in the firmware/sensortag Dir for the IAR workspace with the code. It's not fully polished, but it should be a good place to start

You should probably start a new thread though... as this isn't really related to the original topic