43oh

I assume you want good introductory books rather than masters-level textbooks.  I learned RF & Communications in an academic setting, so I cannot help you much there.  My favorite book in that genre is: Principles of Communications: Rodger E. Ziemer, William H. Tranter.  It is excellent, but it's very mathy and best suited for coursework.

However, I did need to teach myself antennas. I can recommend one for antennas: Antenna and EM Modeling with Matlab: Sergey Makarov.  It does not go too deep into the theoretical calculus or the theoretical mathematic models used to describe antennas.  Instead it has lots of Matlab examples, so I found it to be very accessible.  I also like Amazon.com: Electrically Small, Superdirective, and Superconducting Antennas, which is more suited as a reference to a ton of research work on small antennas, and it provides some basic "do's and don'ts."  If you are interested in PCB antennas for sub 1-GHz, I would recommend it.  If you care more about 2.4 GHz, then forget it, just search the web for "inverted-F antenna" and "dipole antenna" and that's all you'll probably ever need unless you want to do crazy stuff.