Sign in to follow this  
Ken

CC3000FirwareUpdate for msp430fr5739 and CC3000 doesn't compile

I recently bought a Fram board and a CC3000 for a small project.  I have Code Composer already but wanted to try somthing new and ran across Energia.

So I installed it and fired it up.  I selected CC3000FirwareUpdate project to get started. Selected the FraunchPad w/ msp430fr5739 board in the Tools menu.

Then I hit the Verify button...  "Error compiling."

c:/energia-0101e0011/hardware/tools/msp430/bin/../lib/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/../../../../msp430/bin/ld.exe: CC3000FirwareUpdate.cpp.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `rom'

:(

Regards Ken

CC3000 in combination with the FraunchPad w/ msp430fr5739 is currently not supported. There is probably not a lot of effort needed to get it to run but I just did not have the time to get it going. 

The compilation error you are seeing means that the resulting binary won't fit into FLASH or in this case FRAM. The C3000 firmware blob is quite large and the only platforms that are able to handle it in Energia are the Stellaris/TivaC and F5529 LaunchPads.

Thanks for the reply.  I will take a look at implementing a solution, maybe stream it from a sd card.  I will update the thread if I come up with something.

Ken

Hi,

I was trying to run simple web client code example in energia (MSP-EXP430FR5739 + CC3000). In the code, we have to set communication pins for CC3000 (CS, EN and IRQ pins). From the wiki page (http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/CC3000_Wi-Fi_MSP430_FRAM), pins on FRAM associated with these functions through RF connector are pin 1.3, 4.1 and 2.3. So I tried to find out the pin numbers to use in the code for these pins. But in the default pin mapping for fraunchpad, pin2.3 is not defined (The pins defined in pin mapping seem to be correct). Is there a pin mapping specifically for MSP-EXP430FR5739 which would have pin 2.3. Or else could you point me to the tutorial for creating your own pin mapping? 

Thank you.