43oh

[Group Buy-18][D] WS2812 SMD RGB LEDs with integrated driver chip

Stencils should use the paste layer of the

Gerber files. I'm not sure if I included that in The packages I sent you. Altium generates them though, I'll package them up when I'm at my computer.

I built a reflow toaster and I have solder paste but I've never thought a stencil was worth the investment. I'd just rather solder by hand/hot air.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LED GROUP BUY CLOSED   GROUP BUY FOR CLOCK PCBs CLOSED   1900 WS2812Bs and 50 PCBs are on order. 1 set of 5 PCBs (to make 1 clock) are available, please sign up on this thread if you want them. Co

One thing I noticed with the WS2811 LED pixels is that they're a bit sensitive to soldering temperature, particularly with hand soldering irons. I had the iron touching one pad for a bit more than a

@t0mpr1c3 @RobG @@greeeg I'd suggest any design changes to be posted in greeeg's thread or a separate clock redesign thread. Posting it here will break the design trail.   Keep this post for GB only

Posted Images

Had a chance to work on mine on saturday night.  One segment down, four more to go  :rolleyes:

I did manage to design and print a cover that assembles in 5 pieces.  It needs some work - the connectors have to be forced together - so much so that I broke one piece and cracked another.  So that part is a WIP.

post-1690-0-17842700-1393871773_thumb.jpg

post-1690-0-53782400-1393871780_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...