43oh

Members will now be warned for incorrect post content format.

Hello Everyone,

Since the community is growing to larger numbers, it becomes difficult for moderators to keep editing posts that don't follow correct post etiquette.

So far, there are only two major rules to follow about post content.

1. Do NOT use dropbox, imgur or any other thirdparty links, if you care about this community. These links die off after a few years/months. Look around the major forums. Images dating back to 2010 are dead and the posts are useless. So please upload to 43oh.

2. Please use the code tag to display code. It is much easier to read and you will most probably get an answer as members will at least try to browse through code. It is the "<>" button in your edit bar.

The warning points makes it easier for us to let you know instead of spending alot of time everyday downloading and re-uploading images and editing posts. Warning points hold no value, they will not harm you. It is just to let you know. You must acknowledge the warning to continue posting.

Thanks! Any concerns, please list them below.

I am in complete agreement regarding preservation of links. It is very frustrating to find a post on something you are working on to find that the links have been lost to "link rot." One thing that I don't agree with is websites requiring you to login to see attachments. I understand that will force people to register for an account but that inflates the userbase with people who have little interest otheriwse in the website. If they have something to contribute or want to post questions, they have other reasons to register and selects for a more active community of users. Just my two cents.

One thing that I don't agree with is websites requiring you to login to see attachments. I understand that will force people to register for an account but that inflates the userbase with people who have little interest otheriwse in the website. If they have something to contribute or want to post questions, they have other reasons to register and selects for a more active community of users. Just my two cents.

@@pjkim Thanks for your view. 

Although downloaders have nothing to contribute, they are still using the service for free. Registering takes under 30 seconds. It is true only 2000 of the 20,000 members are active. Is it that bad to have a large user base? 

This community runs on servers. Servers need money to run. Having a larger userbase allows me to get in advertisers. Also, this is not always cash. These advertisers either pay or give products for giveaways, which in turn attracts more people who can contribute and post content.  Plus there is cost of domains, licenses, design content, shipping giveaway prizes, sponsoring bossterpacks etc.

Having them to register benefits the whole community.

@@bluehash

The simplest things bring me unstuck. Everytime. :huh:

I normally use photobucket for posting images but am trying to do the right thing and upload to here and stellarisiti.

Can you please tell me the process ?

I tried to select image icon and it asks me for a URL. Is there a way to upload from my PC instead?

I'm sure there is..... I just cant find it.

Cheers

PTB