Avinash

Error while compiling, Help!

HI,

I am a first time user of MSP430G2553, I am trying to execute the example Blink but getting Comping error.Pls help to solve

Error is:

[C:\energia\hardware\tools\msp430\bin\msp430-g++, -c, -g, -Os, -w, -ffunction-sections, -fdata-sections, -mmcu=msp430g2553, -DF_CPU=16000000L, -MMD, -DARDUINO=101, -DENERGIA=11, -IC:\energia\hardware\msp430\cores\msp430, -IC:\energia\hardware\msp430\variants\launchpad, C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build3571949476556328385.tmp\Blink.cpp, -o, C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\build3571949476556328385.tmp\Blink.cpp.o]
msp430-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

I have extractes energia-0101E0011

@@energia, this might be a bug in v11 - I've noticed since upgrading to v11 I've been getting the same error intermittently. Energia is installed to C:\Energia, system is 32 bit windows 8.1.  

For me it is only intermittent - I haven't noticed under what circumstances the problem arises.  When it does occur, if I close all instances of Energia and reopen it works fine again. I haven't worried too much about it, because it only causes a slight interruption.

I don't know if it's relevant but the "user" should have "administrator" privilege for the directory tree being used.

Windows has become a little more *nix like with regards to permissions, but still baulks at anything outside of the Documents, Desktop and such folders, from my experience, unless the user has "total" read/write/change permissions and ownership over a particular directory.

I run Energia from a 2nd hard drive and have no issues.

@@energia, this might be a bug in v11 - I've noticed since upgrading to v11 I've been getting the same error intermittently. Energia is installed to C:\Energia, system is 32 bit windows 8.1.  

For me it is only intermittent - I haven't noticed under what circumstances the problem arises.  When it does occur, if I close all instances of Energia and reopen it works fine again. I haven't worried too much about it, because it only causes a slight interruption.

Not much changed in this area from 10 to 11 but I might have missed something. I'll run some tests when I have access to the test machines.