geppou

[SOLVED] Problem with UART on M430G2553

Hi I'm new with energia and I'm trying to use the Hardware serial communication with a Lauchpad Rev. 1.4 so I connect the RX end TX jumpers in cross but it doesn't work...Can anyone help me? this is the simple code I use:

void setup()  
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() 
{
   Serial.println("Hello !!!");
   delay(500);

}

I try to use also the software serial communication for but it doesn't work 

What O/S is your PC running? Linux can get a little touchy with the USB-Serial adapter built into the launchpad if the G2553 tries sending data before you have the Serial Monitor window open.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

Yes, now it work..the driver was already installed but now I can select port COM1 and COM4 instead the only COM1 that I can selected before and with COM4 it Work!!! thanks :)

I'm using Windows 8 pro 64 bit with the MSP430FR5739 LaunchPad and cannot see serial traffic on a terminal. About 1/100 times when I connect to USB I *will* see serial traffic, but that's about it.

My MSP430 Application UART driver is version 1.3.0.0, I have tried COM ports 1 to 13 with no noticeable improvements. The LauchPad drivers .zip file has DPInst, USB_CDC, USB_eZ-RF, and USB_FET_Win7_64 directories. I can't seem to just run the DPInst64.exe file in its directory, but if I copy DPInst64.exe to each of the aforementioned directories I will get these different drivers in each directory installed. I'm not sure if this is the right way of going about it?

Any ideas what is going on? Code 'uploads' pretty consistently to the MSP430 with occasional hiccups where I have to retry but the serial communication interface never really works.