Sign in to follow this  
energia

New Energia release 0101E0011 - 12/17/2013

Thank you. It worked. The error message is misleading to say the least. I would even classify this as a OS X bug.

Misleading indeed. I will see if I can sign Energia next time around to avoid this.

Folks that are on Windows and are using Energia 10, did you get the popup with the notification that a new version of Energia is available?

Yes, and on my Linux machine too.

Folks that are on Windows and are using Energia 10, did you get the popup with the notification that a new version of Energia is available?

Yes, Energia 0010, Win 7 @ 64Bits.

Rename energia-0101E0011-windows to energia. If that does not do it then move the folder to c:\. Again without the dashes and version number. XP is a bit picky about paths with spaces and dashes.

Hi,

Thanks for update!

The same error on XP SP3 (also only with version 11). Moving fles to c:\energia worked for me.

P

Hi,

Thanks for update!

The same error on XP SP3 (also only with version 11). Moving fles to c:\energia worked for me.

P

Yeah,...windows can do those things.

Even more, when using "Desktop" for the parent folder, we have to consider that Desktop is actually by default a link to  "C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\desktop" a path much longer and with spaces. Not a very clever decision of Redmond guys.

[Merry Christmas | Happy Wednesday] (choose the one that applies to your religion, ehehe..

BR,

Sergio

Perhaps someone could post a manifest or directory tree of a successful build on 64-bit Linux? 

The packaged version of 0011 works, but the source from Github yields the following:

linux64-build:
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/user/src/Energia/build/linux/work/lib
     [exec] tar (child): ../../msp430_tools_linux64.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
     [exec] tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
     [exec] tar: Child returned status 2
     [exec] tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
     [exec] Result: 2
     [exec] tar (child): ../../lm4f_tools_linux64.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
     [exec] tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
     [exec] tar: Child returned status 2
     [exec] tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
     [exec] Result: 2

linux-dist:
     [echo]
     [echo]       =======================================================
     [echo]       Energia for Linux was built. Grab the archive from   
     [echo]       
     [echo]       build/linux/energia-0101E0011-linux.tgz
     [echo]       =======================================================
     [echo]     

linux64-dist:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

I am in the process of changing how the tools are handles. Going forward, tools will be downloaded when Energia is build the first time. This is already in place for Mac but not yet for Windows and Linux. For now, grab the tools from the Energia release and (hardware/tools/lm4f) and stick them in an archive called lm4f_tools_linux64.tar.bz2. The directory structure in the archive needs to be tools/lm4f/***.

To clarify an issue that cropped up over here -- http://forum.43oh.com/topic/4842-did-any-driverlib-in-stellaris-change/ -- Energia 11 appears to now use TI's TivaWare driver library for the Stellaris and Tiva-C platforms, rather than StellarisWare as it appears was used in Energia 10 and previous releases.

This doesn't change a whole lot, but, if you have written sketches and libraries which utilize the StellarisWare driverlib directly, some porting may be necessary.

Please see this document - http://www.ti.com/lit/an/spma050a/spma050a.pdf - Application Report SPMA050A - Migrating Software Projects from StellarisWare

For all Mac users: why don't you keep the security on and start the unsigned package holding the option key? I remember, it was the solution for my own compiled apps. It should work for energies as well.

Sent using Tapatalk

I downloaded the latest stable version of energia for Windows 7 but I cannot find Energia.exe! I am missing something here? Anybody have any idea where Energia.exe went to?