43oh

43oh Blog Feedback

Hello All,

The Blog has recently been updated to a new design. I tried to keep it light, with not too much distraction and also keep up with the times in terms of design. Creating posts also is alot easier. There is still work to be done here and there and also the mobile version of the theme is all over the place.

If you see issues, post them here, including the browser you are using.

Thanks!

Attached are the previous versions of 43oh

2010-2011

2010.JPG

2012-1013

2012.JPG

It looks good. Nice and clear compared to teh previous one, but still with all the info you need.

I first viewed it on a phone (Nexus 5 with 1200px screen width) and whilst the adaptive layout shifted round well, the articles were still a little wide. Obviously I'm being picky about the minor stuff here. Still very usable.

It adds one thing I didn't see with the original blog that caught my attention back when I first found this site-- There are datestamps on the posts!  Back when I first found this site I wasn't sure if the site was up-to-date or if it was a relic from years past when the LaunchPad first came out (and had since been abandoned).  Had to visit the forum to realize there was activity...

I like the new layout too!

(Using Chrome on Fedora 19)

Looks good @@bluehash !

Did notice one thing. On page 2 when I clicked on "older entries" at the bottom of the page it kept bringing me back to page 2. However, when I put page 3 manually in the URL I was taken to page 3. Then when I clicked on "older entries" in page 3 it took be back to page 2 again.  Tried this both in IE11 and Firefox.

i didnt realise you could scroll down on the front page lol doh. and although its nice and clean with community and store, page two looks alot better as the pictures of pcbs interest me and make me want to click on more things. 

also if you click the down arrow where it points to sponsors it opens the image.

Very nice and modern interface! 

Changing the look every two years is a good idea.

One small problem with Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) and Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63

on Mac OS X 10.9.1:

The right column starting with Twitter RSS Google isn't displayed on the right but below, if the window isn't large enough.

post-12238-0-09597300-1387312613_thumb.png

post-12238-0-60154700-1387312717_thumb.png