43oh

Ti Launchpad + Energia = Error 4

Hello everyone!

I'd like some help getting my new ti Launchpad working with Energia...

part: MSP430G2, chip M430G2553

All I've done to it so far is replace the pins with female headers. Now I'm trying to upload the example blink code and all I ever get is this:

Binary sketch size: 677 bytes (of a 16,384 byte maximum)
tilib: MSP430_OpenDevice: Could not find device (or device not supported) (error = 4)
tilib: device initialization failed
On computer #1 (win7, 64bit) I first installed CCS, then Energia. When I plug in the launchpad the green and red lights blink. When I try to upload using the 2553 board selection, I get the error above. I've tried all of the other board selections as well.

On computer #2 (win7, 64bit) I installed the MSP-EXP430G2 64bit win7 driver from Energia's website. Then I installed Energia, tried uploading Blink and got the same errors.

It's like I'm missing some crucial step... Any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you both for your quick responses!

The board came with the chip on it, I have not removed it.

Yes, I used Energia's drivers for comp 2.

I switched out the chip with the 2452, changed the board in the program, uploaded blink, but got the same error=4 message.

Maybe I did somehow damage something. I'll be able to try another launchpad on Monday...

mspdebug seems to be able to talk to the board but the programmer is not able to talk to the chip. I would try one more thing and that is to remove all jumpers on J3 and reinstall them just in case that there is a bad connection. Also check if the chip is actually getting power on the VCC pin.

Robert

No USB hubs. Only one Launchpad plugged in, no other boards. Device manager only shows "MSP430 Application UART" under COM ports. No mention of "virtual" or FET. However, I do remember seeing FET430UIF in the device manager of my other computer (#1), which is at work.

I took off all of the jumpers and put them back. No change.

3.53v is going to the VCC pin.

• 1 year later...