43oh

[SOLVED] Energia Freezes CC110L RF BoosterPack

Hi guys!

The last week I  bought an CC110L RF BoosterPack and I try to program my MSP430g2553  with the booster pack in Energia 0101E0010.

When I write the instruction Radio.begin() in my sketch and Upload this in the MSP430, the program freezes and all the instructions that I write after of Radio.begin() don

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i mount the booster pack like in the picture.

This is the program that I used to probe my launchpad with the booster pack:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <AIR430BoostFCC.h>

void setup() 
{
  Serial.begin(9600); 
  pinMode(RED_LED, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(RED_LED,HIGH);
  delay(1000);
  digitalWrite(RED_LED,LOW);       
  delay(1000);

Radio.begin(0x01,CHANNEL_2,POWER_1_DBM);
}

void loop() 
{    
  digitalWrite(RED_LED,HIGH);
  delay(1000);
  digitalWrite(RED_LED,LOW);   
  delay(1000);       
}

When I upload this program, the Red Led of the launchpad turn on once. But when the launchpad execute the Radio.begin() instruction, the program don

Hi

I am using both a Lanuchpad with G2553, and the new Launchpad with F5529 with the Air BoosterPack CC110L, I am using the European version, and I am using Energia 10 release.

It is working fine for me.

Have you tried the example provided with the library for the Air Boosterpack :

https://github.com/energia/Energia/blob/master/hardware/msp430/libraries/AIR430BoostUSAFCC/examples/WirelessTest/WirelessTest.ino

Note that this example has the following setup method :

"

void setup()
{
  // The radio library uses the SPI library internally, this call initializes
  // SPI/CSn and GDO0 lines. Also setup initial address, channel, and TX power.
  Radio.begin(0x01, CHANNEL_1, POWER_MAX);

// Setup serial for debug printing.
  Serial.begin(9600);

/**
* Setup LED for example demonstration purposes.
* Note: Set radio first to ensure that GDO2 line isn't being driven by the
* MCU as it is an output from the radio.
*/
  pinMode(RED_LED, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(RED_LED, LOW); // set the LED on
}

"

I noticed that you started the radio after having set other output, while the example starts the radio first.

Maybe this can help you.

Regards

Alf

Don't play with the red LED as it is used for the Anaren BoosterPack.

Please refer to the user manual from Anaren and have a look at the schematics.

P1_0 = red LED = Anaren CC110L Radio GDO2 output.

During the boot sequence, the radio?s GDO2 pin is initialized to a high-impedance state and then the microcontroller pin is set to an output.

To use the GDO2 signal as an interrupt/status flag from the radio, the microcontroller pin must be set as an input. The LED will no longer be under processor control but is still connected to the GDO2 pin and therefore will turn on when GDO2 is driven high by the radio. Depending on the selected output function for GDO2, the LED may or may not be visible or may appear to flicker.

Once again, read the fabulous manual!

I just looked at this again and was not able to get it to work myself. Then I remembered doing a fix for an issue that was a result of how peripheral pins are managed. I was sure that this fix went into 0101E0010 but I just confirmed that it did not.

The fix is in the Anaren library and only a couple lines so easy to apply. The diff is here: https://github.com/energia/Energia/commit/bd01fe0c3e563b8b648d9fd21814028919252150#diff-2a8ae58adde93d19bd3baf9df9af54fd

If you would rather replace the intire file rather than changing the 2 lines highlighted in the patch then you can get the entire patched Platform.cpp from here: https://raw.github.com/energia/Energia/bd01fe0c3e563b8b648d9fd21814028919252150/hardware/msp430/libraries/AIR430BoostUSAFCC/utility/Platform.cpp

Place this file in hardware/msp430/libraries/AIR430BoostUSAFCC/utility and hardware/msp430/libraries/AIR430BoostEuropeETSI/utility

Sorry for the mixup. Hope you haven't wasted to much time on this.

Robert