cubeberg

Christmas PCB

Hey @@cubeberg, I've added a project configuration into your code. Starting with CCSv5.3, we have introduced a new and more elegant way of defining a project for easier import/export. This feature is called projectspec. By adding a .projectspec into your code folder, you can specify the names, files to copy over, compiler settings such as optimization or --gcc extension in this specific case. Users no longer have to include the other confusing .project or .debug files/folders anymore. All you need to fully replicate the project is:

1. Your code files.

2. The .projectspec file

[optional] Linker command file ONLY IF you customize it, otherwise the stock linker command file will be copied over to the project.

Here's the new zip file that anybody can simply import into their CCS and immediately compile & download.

43ohChristmas.zip

Hey @@cubeberg, I've added a project configuration into your code. Starting with CCSv5.3, we have introduced a new and more elegant way of defining a project for easier import/export. This feature is called projectspec. By adding a .projectspec into your code folder, you can specify the names, files to copy over, compiler settings such as optimization or --gcc extension in this specific case. Users no longer have to include the other confusing .project or .debug files/folders anymore. All you need to fully replicate the project is:

1. Your code files.

2. The .projectspec file

[optional] Linker command file ONLY IF you customize it, otherwise the stock linker command file will be copied over to the project.

Here's the new zip file that anybody can simply import into their CCS and immediately compile & download.

Woah - did you have to create that manually, or is there some sort of export option?  Unfortunately forgot the -gcc setting needed by the captouch library :(

Woah - did you have to create that manually, or is there some sort of export option?  Unfortunately forgot the -gcc setting needed by the captouch library :(

Manually for now, still working on the automatic export. The thing is, there are tons of config options for any given project, and you don't want/need to touch most of them and leave them as default. Those options don't have to be specified in the manual XML, but it might be tricky for the automated method to intelligently exclude them. 

As you can see, for this project, the .projectspec file is super short, it doesn't have too many crazy options/include/preprocessor, so it was very easy by hand. Larger projects might be a different story :(.

Porting the code is part of the deal ;)

It shouldn't be that hard to be honest, if you have a Makefile you can adapt you are halfway there. You might need to change the interrupt routine syntax slightly, change void main() to int main() { ...; return 0; }, and perhaps #include <legacymsp430.h> at the top to handle one or two macros.

@@elpaso - No instructions yet unfortunately.  Schematic/board files are in this post - http://forum.43oh.com/topic/4580-christmas-pcb/?p=41538 - assuming you're an eagle user (I can post images of the files if you aren't).  For the LEDs - ground is always down, resistors are typically right next to the LED.  Larger value resistors are for the red LEDs, smaller for the green.  The 47k is for the reset pull-up, and there's also a large value resistor for the white - 1k.  

gcc - I won't be much help there unfortunately.  I haven't gotten into gcc quite yet (although @@t0mpr1c3's suggestions should get you there).  It's actually compiled with the gcc switch in CCS because of some things in the cap touch library.  I should also be able to get the compiled file from CCS - you may just be able to upload that directly.

@@elpaso - No instructions yet unfortunately.  Schematic/board files are in this post - http://forum.43oh.com/topic/4580-christmas-pcb/?p=41538 - assuming you're an eagle user (I can post images of the files if you aren't).  

Yes, please post some images, I'm a Kicad user, I've installed Eagle and tried to open your attachments but I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and it probably ships with an older version of Eagle and I couldn't open your files.

An hi-res picture of the assembled board would also help, my idea was to let my 10 years old son to assemble the board by himself, but he needd good instructions for that.

@@elpaso - sorry for the delay - here are high-resolution images of the board, front and back.  

The blue resistors are the larger value resistors for the red LEDs, the brown ones are for the green LEDs.  I believe I included different colors with yours, but this way you know where they go :)

The larger capacitor goes on the right, smaller on the left.  I'll check the markings so that you know which is which.

post-1690-0-97868300-1389749597_thumb.jpg

post-1690-0-94690300-1389749610_thumb.jpg