energia

Building low power into Energia

I simply open file StellarisOW.ino in GFDS18B20V2.zip  and not add any of the sleep functions. It doesn't work with new Energia.h and wiring.c

I tried with examples of Energia and my other projects, sleep() function works very well :)

I use MSP430G2 laughpad.

Energia version 012.

I use remote library to control led on Laughpad.

So i have some question, can i use low power mode to save energy and remote library intime.

Please help to solve this problem

How can I remove power from the ICDI on a Launchpad board? It seems my lm4f120 will use 40mA through my usb power meter when in sleep, and 70mA when not in sleep.. (sleepSeconds)
I've been looking through the users manual on the product page and can't find anything useful in the scematic or the hibernate section.

I'm just thinking in as far as using the launchpad for a project, unless I'm understanding the process wrong, the debugging chip is only used as usb serial and debugging?
Yer thats what I thought, if I remove the jumper possibly I could remove the ICDI from VBUS? then I'd just have to use an external 5v other than USB..?

If you remove he jumper, you will not supply ICDI and you will be able to supply MCU through USB, but the 3V3 is supply by a LDO so it will still consumme a little bit of current. The best way is to supply 3v3 from external lithium battery for example.