43oh

Hello from Leta

Hello!
I come from Bosnia, but currently study computer science in Austria (at the moment learning German, but hey).

I have some experience in programming (mostly in C++, C# and MS databases). On the other hand, this is my first time that I am exposed to this type of devices. I have absolutely no idea what I should do, except I want to have some good time and learn a lot...

I am very interested in home automation and find MSP430 very suitable for me to progress in this direction.

Hope to have awesome time on this forum and make some friendships.  ;-)

Hello!

I come from Bosnia, but currently study computer science in Austria (at the moment learning German, but hey).

I have some experience in programming (mostly in C++, C# and MS databases). On the other hand, this is my first time that I am exposed to this type of devices. I have absolutely no idea what I should do, except I want to have some good time and learn a lot...

I am very interested in home automation and find MSP430 very suitable for me to progress in this direction.

Hope to have awesome time on this forum and make some friendships.  ;-)

Welcome to 43oh. @@Leta

I am well aware Google is my friend, but can you recommend me some book or other source for learning MSP430 programming and development?

*Ok, stupid of me... I have seen 43oh tutorials... Do you think this is enough?

Also, many recommended to take an Arduino instead of MSP430. What are advantages and disadvantages of both? I guess MSP is quite a good learning platform.

Hey Leta, welcome to the 43oh. I'm from Bosnia too, kinda stuck here :)

I didn't try Arduino just because it's kinda expensive for us here, and Texas Instruments is shipping for free AND gives free samples so its pretty much a no brainer. I think you would be most comfortable with energia given your knowledge of C++. It's full of examples and user base is constantly growing so code examples shouldn't be too hard to find. Just use the tutorials to get to know how microcontrolelrs work. 

I hope you're gonna have a fun time here.