bluehash

43oh Welcomes Saleae, Exclusive 43oh Member Offer. Ends Nov. 13, 2013

I went back and forth for about a week on this. Ended up going for it. It should be here Friday. :)

Thanks to bluehash for making these kinds of things happen and to Saleae for their support of the 43oh community.

Looks like they've extended their range with 4 new devices that can cope with analogue signals (0-5V for the Logic 4 or Logic 8, -10 to 10V for the Logic Pro 8 or Logic Pro 16). http://www.saleae.com

They seem to be available for preorder and whilst the banner at the top makes it look like a Kickstarter, it doesn't seem to be. The prices seem to be creeping up towards low-end oscilloscope territory though.

Yeah; I got the blurb on that too (having purchased both a Logic and Logic16). Anybody have opinions on the approach they're taking?

One reason I almost never use the two scopes I have (DSO Quad and Rigol DS1102E) is I find the interface on a dedicated device to be really unfriendly. I'm tempted to get either a Logic8 or Logic Pro8 in hopes it'll be usable. (Though they're three days into the campaign and are already at 78% of their goal, so by the time I decide it'll probably be too late to be an early adopter.)

I don't want to hear that! After mulling it over for a while I finally pulled the trigger on a DS1074Z and it's just shipped.  :smile:

If it makes you feel any better. I use my rigol 50Mhz (DS1052E) extensively when debugging, I love having dedicated hardware rather than everything running on a PC.

I think mine can still be hacked. I'm sure I won't really need to go from 70 to 100MHz, but the serial decoding and other extras would be useful.

@@Fred I have the DS1074Z great scope it definitely has the feature to be upgraded via software, so no doubt exploitable ;-).  I am still in the trial time period so have the decoding and other features enabled.

I have used the Saleae products though before and they are very good.