bluehash

43oh Welcomes Saleae, Exclusive 43oh Member Offer. Ends Nov. 13, 2013

salae.PNG

We are excited to welcome Saleae as a Sponsor to 43oh. Saleae makes USB-based logic analyzers which can record over 1 billion samples and decode SPI, I2C, Serial, 1-Wire, CAN, Manchester and I2S. They are known for their Logic 8 and Logic 16 Analyzer and very intuitive user interface.

We have met them at a couple of Maker Faires and are a fun bunch of people.

43oh members get an exclusive offer with Saleae : a 20% discount on their order. It will be valid for the next two weeks (until November 13th).  When the code is entered, it will display "43oh.com" in the checkmark box (see picture below which currently says "Educational Discount").  Code: SWGRB5HJ

If you are ordering a Logic 8 Analyzer, drop them a thank you note for sponsoring our community.

Discount_Saleae.PNG

USB attached analysers quality is mainly focused on the IDE. Anyone can attach a bunch of input pins to a USB connector, but what you can do with the data and how easy it is to find inconsistencies in the signals, that's the point where such a device makes the real difference!

I only know the Logic8, and it has a very very good interface :)

I have both the Logic8 and the Logic16, and join those highly recommending these devices.  Started with the Logic8 a year or two ago, finally gave and bought the 16 this summer because I needed 1.8V support and the ability to capture 8 pins at a rate where the Logic8 couldn't keep up.  It's an incredibly useful device.

USB attached analysers quality is mainly focused on the IDE. Anyone can attach a bunch of input pins to a USB connector, ...  :smile:

Saelae has a great IDE, in my opinion.

What it lacks is a big hardware buffer.  That's the part that is not simply part of the UI.  I have a Intronix analyzer (Intronix 500MHz PC-Based Logic Analyzer), which does have the big hardware buffer and can do capture-and-buffer on signal pattern triggers with high speed signals.  I've found this to be very helpful.

I'm considering getting a Logic8 anyway.  The price is great, it's small, the UI is extensible and has lots of plug-ins, and I'm thinking it might be nice for capturing I2C & UART bus data.

I looked at the Saleae a while ago, but ended up going with the cheaper 4 channel Ikalogic Scanalogic - good value but obviously limited primarily by the number of channels compared to the Saleae ones.