43oh

Using the F5529 Launchpad with the Capacitive Sense Boosterpack

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the Capacitive Touch Boosterpack working with the new F5529 Launchpad, but I'm a bit confused.

I am trying to implement the "RO_COMPB_TB0_WDTA" example for the F5529 provided in the Capacitve Touch Library code examples.

From what I can see, the timer measures the length of a single charge up over RC, which varies when C is changed, via the comparator, which snaps the voltage back to 0 after it fully charges.

Diagram of RO taken from CapTouch Library Guide:

http://i.imgur.com/chb09pR.png

Diagram taken from the example:

*     c-+------------------R--+--<PortMap/TB0CLK/CBOUT
 *       |                     |
 *       |  c-+-------------R--+
 *       |    |                |
 *       |    | c-+---------R--+
 *       |    |   |            |
 *       |    |   | c-+-----R--+
 *       |    |   |   |        |
 *       |    |   |   | c-+-R--+
 *       |    |   |   |   |
 *       |    |   |   |   +------->CB0
 *       |    |   |   +----------->CB1
 *       |    |   +--------------->CB2
 *       |    +------------------->CB3
 *       +------------------------>CB4

Full source: http://pastebin.com/XKN8HXhc

However, from looking over the boosterpack documents, it seems that the node between the resistor and the capacitor isn't broken out? I only see the node before the resistor broken out (TB0CLK/CBOUT above). The datasheet seems to imply the RO method is possible with this boosterpack; am I missing out on something important?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hylian

(Also, sorry if this is the wrong board to post this in)

• 2 months later...

However, from looking over the boosterpack documents, it seems that the node between the resistor and the capacitor isn't broken out? I only see the node before the resistor broken out (TB0CLK/CBOUT above). The datasheet seems to imply the RO method is possible with this boosterpack; am I missing out on something important?

I don't think it's possible to do RO method using the comparators(without interrupts every osc) with the default capacitive booster pack.

R10-R15 are not populated, they allow you to use RC with it because they connect to ground.

If you wanted RO method you would need R10-R15 to be connected to CBOUT instead(the wire that goes to all the leds). If you wanna be messy it is possible, all the pins are there, but it won't be pretty.

RC is not that bad, i've done it before in a pinch.