43oh

Which one to choose Olimex MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 or TI MSP-FET430UIF?

I'm getting serious about MSP430 and decided to upgrade my toolpark. I would like your opinion guys :)

As for now Olimex has one thing that I will be missing in TI's device - power usage while debugging. From what I read you can run your code and you'll get per instruction power usage (which I find very useful, since actual project is a wireless sensor network ;)). However there is no mention about new chips being supported (which of course is not a problem at all with MSP-FET430UIF...

So if I can ask for some input regarding those devices - feel free to post :)

The MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 works fine for me.  Average power utilization displayed on it isn't that useful because the serial port stays powered up to transfer debug data over.  Buttons are a bit cheapy feeling, but it's nice being able to program the device w/ it standalone.

One big caveat if you decide to use the tag-connect cables in SWD mode is Olimex stupidly didn't make it pin compatible w/ the FET430UIF.  I blogged about it:

http://www.keysolutions.com/blogs/kenyee.nsf/d6plinks/KKYE-96ULEL

They do update their device support fairly frequently so I'm not sure why you say new chips aren't supported...