43oh

Hello 430h family. I'm from ?stanbul/Turkey. I've just graduated from Electrical and Electronics Engineering at June and now I am a M. Sc student at Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering. At my bachelors degree, I've never interested in microprocessors or anything like that, I've just got a microprocessors lesson at bachelors but that's all, no application, no projects etc. But at my M. Sc class, I've got " Embedded Systems " lesson to learn that kinda things. And our lecturer said if you don't make an embedded systems project you SHALL NOT PASS :) So I think, for noobs like me, MSP430 Launchpad is ready to launch missile and easy to learn and implement something. Am I right or wrong? And I need your project advices coz I need to propose it to lecturer until 2 October. And I need to complete project until mid. December. 

Phew very whiny introduction.

Batuhan

@@Butterworth Welcome to 43oh.

You can browse through the projects section for ideas and inspiration.

TF2?

Yeah I'm planning to check 43oh's projects section. 

And yeah for other question :smile: I am fan of TF2 but not current TF2 because they killed the game and spirit of TF2. Oldschool TF2 without new weapons was the best. Everytime, I miss those days. I'm Steam member  and playing TF2 since 10 November 2007 but it's not the same game anymore so I quitted playing it.

@Butterworth- Welcome!

For projects, look around your home and see if there is something an embedded processor could help with.

I am thinking about doing something with lights since my nephew never remembers to turn the lights off after using the stairs, or his room, or the bathroom.

So maybe motion sensing around lights turns them on and off? Just a thought.

What's TF2? Something from the avatar? I thought it's Village People.

TF2 = Team Fortress 2  mate :) 

@Butterworth- Welcome!

For projects, look around your home and see if there is something an embedded processor could help with.

I am thinking about doing something with lights since my nephew never remembers to turn the lights off after using the stairs, or his room, or the bathroom.

So maybe motion sensing around lights turns them on and off? Just a thought.

Thanks. Okay mate I will check it. What do you think about MSP 430 Launchpad(G2553)? Is really easy to learn for beginners?

• 5 weeks later...