Sign in to follow this  
pjkim

How do you install msp430usbdevpack?

So i received my MSP430 USB launchpad yesterday. I got the blink program to work on CCS5. I am interested in making a USB mass storage device so I downloaded the msp430 USB developer package. It is a zip file and when I unzip it, I get a large heirarchy of folders and enclosed files. This might seem like a stupid question, but Where are these supposed to go? Does it matter?

And the demo projects for CCS contain *.projectspec files. How do you use these?

Another related question, how can you find/build the pre-installed HID/MSC demo that lets you create two files on the mass storage device and then dump the text as a USB keyboard?

So i received my MSP430 USB launchpad yesterday. I got the blink program to work on CCS5. I am interested in making a USB mass storage device so I downloaded the msp430 USB developer package. It is a zip file and when I unzip it, I get a large heirarchy of folders and enclosed files. This might seem like a stupid question, but Where are these supposed to go? Does it matter?

And the demo projects for CCS contain *.projectspec files. How do you use these?

Another related question, how can you find/build the pre-installed HID/MSC demo that lets you create two files on the mass storage device and then dump the text as a USB keyboard?

Didn't work with CCS, but with IAR for CDC examples I just open...

\MSP430_USB_API_Stacks\examples\cdcExamples\IAR\cdcExamples.eww

BTW, configuration is in "descriptors.h" file

// MCLK frequency of MCU, in Hz

// For running higher frequencies the Vcore voltage adjustment may required.

// Please refer to Data Sheet of the MSP430 device you use

#define USB_MCLK_FREQ 25000000   // MCLK frequency of MCU, in Hz

#define USB_PLL_XT 2             // Defines which XT is used by the PLL (1=XT1, 2=XT2)

#define USB_XT_FREQ USBPLL_SETCLK_12_0 // Indicates the freq of the crystal USB_PLL_XT

#define USB_DISABLE_XT_SUSPEND 1 // If non-zero, then USB_suspend() will disable the osc

From the TI Resource Explorer window "home", click "Configure Resource Explorer to discover examples, documentation and generates a resource package", click "Add", browse to where you have extracted the USB files, then click "OK".

*edit: Oops, didn't realize this was a month old. Hope you found what you needed.