43oh

Error compiling Sketch (path with spaces)

I am looking at the "can not compile when Energia is in a path with spaces" for Windows. I went through all the git issues and forum posts but I am not able to find a post that mentions the full path that fails. Can anybody supply me with a full path that fails and produces somthing like the following:

1:

....Energia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/msp430/bin/../lib/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/../../../../msp430/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file memory.x: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

2:
CANNOT RUN PROGRAM "C:\........\HARDWARE\TOOLS\MSP430\BIN\msp430-g++":CreateProcess error=3 the system can't find the path

Thanks,

Robert

I doesn't seem it's only the spaces because I tried "C:\energia-0101E0009 test" and it seems to work

but "C:\Users\pxdoucet\Desktop\dev tools\energia-0101E0009" spits out error 2

Edit:

After my second post I checked the path displayed in the error message, in this case it's:

"C:\USERS\PXDOUCET\DESKTOP\DEVTOOLS\ENERGI~1\HARDWARE\TOOLS\MSP430\BIN\msp430-g++"

in fact it looks like it's using old dos style path, if the space is after the 8th character it's ok because the path looks like ENERGI~1 instead of "energia-0101E0009 test"

"C:\test 2\energia-0101E0009" doesn't work the error is:

Cannot run program "C:\TEST2\ENERGI~1\HARDWARE\TOOLS\MSP430\BIN\msp430-g++": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

It looks like the space was removed.