juani_c

TI releasing something "game changing" on Sept 16th

I have a question for TI

Why should I buy game changeling, when Tiva is here now and offer 3.2 times more speed, 2 times more bits, 2 times more flash, 4 times more ram, 4 times more EEPROM / info mem ?

Why should I buy game changeling, when Tiva is here now...

All we know is that something new is coming out. There's a good chance it isn't an MCU family. STMicro is going deep on MEMS+MCU, so given the "sensing something game changing" heading, it's quite possible this announcement is for a sensor SiP or something like that.

In other words, I really don't expect to see MSP530.

I heard about this a few weeks ago from our AVNET sales guy. Its super exciting!

Apparently the automotive guys are going nuts over it since they can now get high resolution data with simple/cheap components without having to worry about hi-temp components. Think ABS, brake sensors, sensors closer to the combustion chamber, ect.

Even for motor control/robotics applications this is huge, especially the resolution you get out of this thing!

Also just thought, that the EVM has an MSP430 onboard, makes for a good strategic move for the MSP430 team.... getting more folks tugged towards the MSP430 I guess.  The EVM appears to have perforations so you can cut off the inductor or inductor+cap+LDC parts and use it elsewhere, but out of the box it has the F5528 USB MCU.

I liked EDN's article with descriptions of theoretical uses.  http://www.edn.com/electronics-products/electronic-product-reviews/other/4421072/1/Texas-Instruments-inductive-to-digital-converter--LDC--Necessity-breeds-invention