43oh

Energia - "Maintenance Release"?

Hi all,

For the past few months I have been using Energia, it is a pleasure to use and it has replaced CCS as my primary development tool for the launchpad (especially because it allows me to switch between the efficient MSP430 and the powerful Stellaris Launchpad.

I am planning to create some new libraries for my personal "wireless sensor nodes on the cheap" project. However, I have lost track of all the bugfixes that have been proposed for I2C, SPI (and probably I have been missing several other useful corrections as well) and the last Energia binary is quite old.

I am not too comfortable with building Energia myself and need to update for both Windows and Mac.

It would be great if a "Maintenance Release" could be created that includes the most prominent bug fixes. Is this feasible? It would be really really appreciated!!!

Kind regards,

Eelco Rouw

I'm really so hoping for a new launchpad...working the new one with windows 8 is impossible...

50% doesn't program and 90% doesn't comunicate by serial. Progamming is solved by just disconecting while holding reset but serial...i just went ahead and got a nokia 5110 LCD.

Can't wait for the new releasse. Maybe it should include some more libraries?

I'm really so hoping for a new launchpad...working the new one with windows 8 is impossible...

50% doesn't program and 90% doesn't comunicate by serial. Progamming is solved by just disconecting while holding reset but serial...i just went ahead and got a nokia 5110 LCD.

Can't wait for the new releasse. Maybe it should include some more libraries?

I've no issues with the EXP430G2 on Win8. What are you having issues with, exactly?

Great to hear!

Looking forward to the new release! 

As for problems with the launchpad and windows 8, I haven't had any, except for the filename issue. Programming seems to work okay most of the time. The serial part of Energia (actually the Arduino IDE) is not really prepared for the connection of multiple devices. But if I only connect one launchpad, it works like a charm.

Kind regards, 

Eelco

I've no issues with the EXP430G2 on Win8. What are you having issues with, exactly?

Me and a friend are almost giving up on the launchpad...I ain't becouse i can't afford a arduino and i like assembly in msp430.

The problem is only with energia, not css.

Sometimes the upload fails, minor problem and easily solved.

Alot of times i open the serial monitor, even with other program not being energia, and there's notigh on serial. The port is open and all. I have to disconect and reconect the usb multiple times until it works.

Strange. I know the serial port can be quite fiddly. I always blame it on the rxtx library for Java. I also sometimes have to replug the launchpad to get a serial link. 

I also think this is the problem with the arduino as well and as I can remember, it has something to do with the current program the board is executing.

Kind regards, 

Eelco

This is my first post with this board. I hope I am at the right place. if not please move to the right location. 

I have Tiva C series ( Launchpad), running on Windows 8 

I installed drivers 

Port( com & LPT) : Stellaris Virtual Serial Port ( com7)
Stellaris In-Circuit Debug Interface
----Stellaris ICDI DFU Device
----Stellaris ICDI JTAG/SWD Interface

I installed energia 0101E0009 and on menu "Tool/board" I choose Stellaris ..... / Com Port 7 checked

when I tried to upload the sketch, I got the following message :

No ICDI device with USB VID:PID 1cbe:00fd found!

I have seen similar issue posted  here 

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2993-new-energia-release-0101e0009-12062012/

Has this issue been solved ?

I still cannot use Energia

Please help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...