43oh

@@PenguinInfinity  Yes, it is old stock and discontinued. My manufactured date is 2011. Metawatch calls this and the AU2000(digital) models Gen1. Current models are Gen2. Someone in a forum post said he was able to run Gen2 software on an AU2000, but I doubt this will work on the Analog/Digital.  

@@tezet  The license is Code Composer Studio IDE - Node Locked Single User (N01D) with 1 year of updates.  IE. no restrictions. This will come in handy for developing on the new Launchpad.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TI just emailed me about a promotion they are going to run in the coming weeks. Make sure you check their site and facebook pages.   Week 1: MSP430 LaunchPad - $6.99 Week 2: MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ

Don't turn it on, take it apart:   http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHPrs1H (MSP-SA430)

It's available now http://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/msp430blog/archive/2013/08/25/back-to-school-sale-part-2-sa430.aspx   Coupon code SA_BTS

Posted Images

I think I got a lemon.

Got my watch yesterday and tried to play with it, but it vibrated and said "low battery", so I put it on the clip with a cell-phone charger for about 6 hours. 

I pushed the top button with the clip still on, and it said the battery was full, so I took the clip off.  I pushed each of the buttons with no response.  I put the clip on, and it said "0.0v".  Seems to me that the battery isn't connected properly.

I'm going to see about a warranty return today.  :-(

It'll be interesting to see what they do, considering it's an 'obsolete' product. Maybe you'll get lucky and get its replacement.

So far, TI support has replied to the effect of, "We don't support MetaWatch. Contact MetaWatch.org."

I replied that I did not purchase through MetaWatch, and was not asking for support, but a return authorization.  Got a reply today that they were going to check with TI Store support to get RMA and would get back to me.

We'll see what happens Monday.  :?

So far, TI support has replied to the effect of, "We don't support MetaWatch. Contact MetaWatch.org."

I replied that I did not purchase through MetaWatch, and was not asking for support, but a return authorization.  Got a reply today that they were going to check with TI Store support to get RMA and would get back to me.

Good luck with it. But I would press the issue that 'they' sold it to you and therefore 'they' are responsible for warrantee issues. I mean, if you bought something from Target or WalMart and had a problem immediately, who would you go to? But maybe you should contact metawatch.org as well, just so they can't use some obscure something or other, like the date of purchase or something against you.

The MetaWatch has an OLED bright control... did you try it ? Mine came calibrated to the minimum level... perhaps your problem can be slightly compensated. 

Yep, tried it. Even at level 8, it is still very dim (can't even match the bottom OLED brightness level 0 or 1).

Hopefully TI would not tell me that this is a nighttime development kit. 

Hey Doc, just in case you don't get an acceptable answer, and if you are bold enough, here is some other brave guy that did us the favor to show the innards of our new watches...

http://sensorseverywhere.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/metawatch-platform-warranty-voided/

The LiPo battery does not seem to be a too strange one so a substitution could be a piece of cake. Of lemon cake ;)

Got a RMA yesterday, with return FedEx and everything.  Not bad!

Not sure if I'll reorder.  It seems the old stock may have problems.

IMO, it's probably not all a matter of the watches being old stock, but of the experimental nature of them. I am having some trouble with mine too, but most of them I can assign to faulty firmware. The battery does not charge unless I reset the watch with the clip on, sometimes the response time to the middle button is not really great, and other small grievances, but I have been warned in advance and I was expecting to find that kind of issues so all well.

My batteries don't seem to last more than two days and that could really be a problem of old stock, but I see it as nothing but the opportunity to pry the watch open :) . As I told you in another post, it's probable that the battery is not very complicated to get.

The OLED displays... there is no reason to assume that they have "decayed" with time. They would have not as long life as a normal led or even LCDs, but that would be only with continuous operation. And also, this are not the OLEDs of 2005... (this are not the OLEDs you are looking for :) ) sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation. 

To me, for 50 USD (plus 50% local taxes), it is worth the money. I really don't like the all digital smartwatches, and of course I wouldn't even dream of shelling out ~150 USD to buy one of them. And I like the looks of it :)