bluehash

TI Back to School Promotion

The coupon code was rejected by the server when I tried it.

Sent using my NOOKcolor Android eBook Reader

Hm, deal's supposed to be going on all week so maybe try tomorrow... unless they sold out already?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

Hm, deal's supposed to be going on all week so maybe try tomorrow... unless they sold out already?

Thanks. I may try tomorrow.

Sent using my NOOKcolor Android eBook Reader

Has TI released the firmware to the SA430?  If it were hackable, it would be great.  I'm not sure that it is.  It isn't a real spectrum analyzer... It's OK for seeing spectrum activity, but that's about it.  It cannot give you any information about modulation or data, as far as I know.

Has TI released the firmware to the SA430? If it were hackable, it would be great. I'm not sure that it is. It isn't a real spectrum analyzer... It's OK for seeing spectrum activity, but that's about it. It cannot give you any information about modulation or data, as far as I know.

I am a bit curious about this one too... If it's just an activity monitor for a frequency range then this sale price is certainly a lot more reasonable than its original price!

I recall you snagged a few the last time they were on sale, have you tinkered with it much?

@@jpnorair's comments made me curious enough to take a look at the user's guide.  In section 5.2 (Known Limitations) they state in a somewhat disclaimerish way:

This is not a high-end spectrum analyzer (there is a reason why high end devices are expensive);

however, the MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ works well during prototyping and development of RF links. In this

stage, the typical questions that need to be answered are whether or not a signal is generated at all and

whether or not it is at the expected frequency.

For less than $30 I still think I will still pick one up.  Sometimes I just want to know....is this thing transmitting?  What frequency is it really transmitting on?  :grin: 

One thing they didn't mention in the paragraph above....Am I transmitting but getting stomped on by another signal? :smile:

EDIT:  Just placed my order.  Thanks for the heads up @@Automate!

I recall you snagged a few the last time they were on sale, have you tinkered with it much?

Yeah, I grabbed one.  For $30, it is worth it.  For more than that, I would say it is not.  If it were hackable, it would be a nice CC430 DK in any case.

Yeah, I grabbed one. For $30, it is worth it. For more than that, I would say it is not. If it were hackable, it would be a nice CC430 DK in any case.

Got it... I snagged one at the current price, figure it'll be handy for when I finally do play with sub-1GHz RF.

It's OK for seeing spectrum activity (...)

I would be happy if it could do at least this on frequencies below 1 GHz for $24.99, but its frequency range is only a part of the mentioned SUB-1GHz range (27.2%).

I'm sad. :(

hi folks,

for the attractive promotion price, how does one get the 24.99$ price in the checkout cart ?

i only see 249$

perhaps it is because i reside in europe and i missed some 'fine print' ?

thanks for any reply before the offer expires   !!