Hex

autorouting for custom PCB

Are there any good autorouting programs out there for a custom PCB? It seems like this would be a relatively easy thing to implement, just a bit of linear algebra or basic calculus or optimization. the eagle software only computes half of the autorouting, and it usually takes longer to find and redo all the mistakes it makes.

personally i would only do the autorouter on very basic designs, but then even those it doesnt take too long to manually do it and get a better outcome, it may take abit of practice but you can become quite fast at doing it.

Hm, I honestly haven't had any trouble with Eagle - as long as I don't put down ground/power planes first.  Just make sure to check your rules and grid size - usually setting it to a small grid size takes care of any problems.  

Also, when there are some tracks that cannot be routed, look at the layout, rip up tracks that don't look good, and route again. After few times you should be able to get pretty decent layout.

I always do it by hand, every time... I use diptrace though but it does have autorouter support. After a while you develop an "intuition" about it and plan the traces by prioritized elegance, as I like to think of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

sometimes when I have used it I set the grid small and have it drop all the connections in...  to get everything hooked together I make it use a stupidly thin wire size though...  so I can go back and run down every line by hand prettying up the trace runs and relaying it byhand when needed