RobG

Geek Clock BoosterPack

Nice. Is imagined that the outer 12 LEDs would be used to display the hour, rather than being permanently on. I suppose then it wouldn't really look right when it's 5 to the hour for instance.

Outer LEDs are hour ticks, but they are also used to for hours and for special effects. Hours use 2 LEDs so they are visible when aligned with minutes.

I am going to make few tweaks to the board. I will make wider teeth and possibly move mounting holes, so that every other tooth has 2 holes.

Should I keep the PCB white?

Outer LEDs are hour ticks, but they are also used to for hours and for special effects. Hours use 2 LEDs so they are visible when aligned with minutes.

I am going to make few tweaks to the board. I will make wider teeth and possibly move mounting holes, so that every other tooth has 2 holes.

Should I keep the PCB white?

I was pondering what your clock would look like if the board shape was a table saw blade ;-)

And then I thought, what about gears inside of gears? Or spirograph?

Should you keep the board white? YES!

...And then I thought, what about gears inside of gears? Or spirograph?

Interesting, round outside and gears inside. Small gear would probably fit on a 4" board and could have the controller on it. It could also be used to show day of the week.