43oh

You may have several dozen Booster Packs, but what if you want to use them in a project and you don't want to waste your LaunchPad?

How about JustPad? An emulator-less LaunchPad :smile:

It has 20pin PDIP socket, 4 mounting holes, DC jack, LDO, RST RC, filter/bypass caps, all through hole parts.

UPDATE: Available on Tindie

post-73-0-43360900-1375756273_thumb.png

schematic:

JP1.pdf

If you just give access to the test reset lines on the JP chip then you could program the chip in place using the LP as programmer

So 4 lines (including VCC, GND) but should be easy

How about placing the 6 pin 1.27mm pitch holes on it? You know, those that are on the eZ430 and also on the right side of the jumper block of the launchpad.

Maybe, it is actually quite similar.

Though I think it could be beneficial to at least be able to program the chip in place this would only take a 4-pin 1.27mm pitch connector (or only their holes. All the other stuff is nice, but not always required. I have lots of applications that do not use buttons or LEDs, or use them at different pins.

I'd go for SMD regulator and R and C btw.

All the other stuff is nice, but not always required. I have lots of applications that do not use buttons or LEDs, or use them at different pins.

I'd go for SMD regulator and R and C btw.

The idea is that you only install what is needed for a specific application - it would rarely be fully populated. It is intentionally all thru-hole so anyone can assemble it.

I see, so it's just open to be populated :)

I find the argument "through hole is easier to assemble than SMD" to be not correct. Soldering a SOIC is much easier than soldering a DIP. Similarly soldering a SMD transistor is easier than soldering a through hole transistor, but this may be my personal preference...

I find the argument "through hole is easier to assemble than SMD" to be not correct. Soldering a SOIC is much easier than soldering a DIP. Similarly soldering a SMD transistor is easier than soldering a through hole transistor, but this may be my personal preference...

I am sure the smd way is easier for many of us. It may not be true though for someone starting w/ a radio shack iron and w/o knowledge / access of flux, solder paste, tweeters, magnifying glasses, etc. It's easier for pcb makers to go smd as drilling is not desired. But I would imagine a beginner would start w/ a $10 iron + tube of solder kit. Thru hole will appeal to them.

The bbusb ready 2" x 2" board would even be better and again you can populate according to your needs on different projects, doesn't need to usb.

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2962-bit-bang-usb-on-msp430g2452/?p=31708

I wonder what oPossum's board looks like, there were 19 downloads on the eagle files so I would imagine someone had it fabricated. If that is so, please post picture on the physical object.