43oh

The Cramp! 430 powered desktop crane lamp

• 2 weeks later...

Wah?! That's great, you did a great job getting the wire straightened!

hehe, too bad i dont have a pic of the wire rolls before. i straightened it by pulling it tight against a fixed metal tube(my workbench`s leg), which gave me a kink free, but slightly curved wire. I made a jig to put the three main booms together, so that went fast. the chassis, roof, and the two tiny thingies up top where made without support, and took some time.

Man! You must have a lot more patience than I do!

When you build V. 2 :thumbup: ; I'll send you some copper coated steel rod. It's filler rod for tig welding, but the copper coating will make it easy to solder/braze. 

lol I'm  not really that patient. i just started soldering, and before i knew it i was too far into this to let it die. :D

it was fun though, must say.

thanks for the kind offer btw, but postage would be massive since I live far from the us. also it doesn't  look like it, but i used A LOT of wire. i think close to 40 odd meters, but i could be wrong.

i actually wanted to build a tower crane too, which would be much easier but alas i used too much wire in this one.

also the solder joints are the weakest part of the structure and tend to snap if loaded too much,so steel would really make no sense. i wish I had an oxy torch here for brazing but i dont even own a hammer, lol. im using a borrowed one.

anyhow, glad u liked it!!

lol I'm  not really that patient. i just started soldering, and before i knew it i was too far into this to let it die. :grin:

i wish I had an oxy torch here for brazing but i dont even own a hammer, lol. im using a borrowed one.

anyhow, glad u liked it!!

Even more impressive! Thanks for showing us what great projects can be accomplished even without all the tools. Too often people put up false barriers; "I could do that, if only I had a 3D printer. If only I had a CNC mill. If only I could program..."

:thumbup: Well done sir!

Even more impressive! Thanks for showing us what great projects can be accomplished even without all the tools. Too often people put up false barriers; "I could do that, if only I had a 3D printer. If only I had a CNC mill. If only I could program..."

:thumbup: Well done sir!

i know! sometimes the right tool makes a great difference, but solving problems with what you have is a really fun challenge.

cheers!