Sign in to follow this  
hvontres

Spreadsheet for planning pin usage

I have attached a simple spreadsheet I am using to plan out how to use the resources on a 430g2553 for a project. It is simply all of the functions for each pin in a seprate cell with a symbolic representation of the chip in the center. The color coding is completely up the the user. This way one can try to make decisions on which peripheral can be used and how it might need to be shared by other functions. I hope this helps :smile:

post-20-0-89390300-1375338770_thumb.png

The .zip file has both a OpenOffice and an excel version, since I couldn't attache the sheets directly

430G2553_pin_plan.zip

That looks like a nice simple reference, but don't forget there is GRACE which can be helpful planning what pins to use and ensuring you don't have any conflicts. I've only really played around with it a bit, but it does seem to do what it's supposed to (including creating skeleton code).

http://www.ti.com/tool/grace

That looks like a nice simple reference, but don't forget there is GRACE which can be helpful planning what pins to use and ensuring you don't have any conflicts. I've only really played around with it a bit, but it does seem to do what it's supposed to (including creating skeleton code).

http://www.ti.com/tool/grace

I played with it a little before, but it seems very bloated and I am not sure it handles multiplexed pins very well. This sheet is intended as an early brain-storming tool where you can very quickly move things around or see why that cool widget you were just going to code up is just not going to work with the parts you have around :)

It seems that Grace is designed for a much later stage in the design process, and at that point it might be useful, but I'll have to try it some more first.

Is there something like this for the launchpad pins?

Show what functions are on what pin for the various launchpads (MSP340, Stellaris, Tiva, C2K, Hercules).

Well, for the original launchpad, the mapping from Processor to pins is 1:1 As stated, this could be done for the newer ones as well. I might work on one for the Tiva C later this weekend. I just happened to be working on a MSP design and thought I'd share the concept.

@@hvontres Nice !

Here is something I am making which is very much a work in progress. Basically final intention is to choose an MCU then a few booster packs and you can then choose whatever pins are left.

Its kinda half baked at the moment and I need to get my "indirect" commands sorted out to make it much more automatic.

Using Pin layouts from Rei.

Cheers

PTB

Stellaris_Pinout_Planner.zip

hvontres's original post :thumbup:  inspired me to finish(?) this thing off.

post-29879-0-73039800-1375874555_thumb.png

I haven't fully checked it for typos and mistakes but it should be pretty close.

If additional mcu's or booster packs are required just copy one of the existing tabs and edit.

You fill in the mcu and booster pack names along the top for your project and it will quickly show what pins are available or are clashing.

Cheers

PTB

Launchpad_Pinout_Planner.zip