43oh

Awesome! Would it be OK with you if I put a link to it on the Energia.nu website?

Yes of course, if you want ;)
This document is open source ! and, i can transmit the MS Visio Source if necessary.
I'm happy to help.

Jean-Yves
f4dtr
  • 3 weeks later...

You are welcome !

the next version will uploaded for september.

I will prepared 2 cheat sheets, 1 for MSP430 family and another for Stellaris/TivaC.

I would like insert few specific library for Stellaris (USB, Port control, etc..)

follow this thread ! ;)

and, if you have another suggests, don't hesitate.

Jean-Yves,

Thanks, this is brilliant! I really appreciate your work. A separate cheat sheet for the MSP430 family is a great idea. I am developing a small course on the MSP430 for radio hams and it is going to be really useful for them.

72/73,

Steve G0XAR

• 3 weeks later...

Mon ami Jean-Yves,

I am really sorry. I just found your reply. 

My course plan is to take a different approach. Each lesson has an example program which is useful for a ham. Then I discuss it in detail using the code to teach simple aspects. Then I get students to modify the code so they can learn. So far I finished one lesson on LED blinking. The second lesson uses the temperature sensor on the MSP430. The code monitors this and if it gets too high switches a LED on, and a fan, and sounds an alarm. We take the processor off the Launchpad board and build a little circuit with the processor to put it in a PA, or some other equipment which needs a temperature monitor. This is useful, not just theory. And the code is very simple. 

Third lesson will probably be a DDS oscillator using cheap EBAY DDS Module. Fourth lesson will add LCD display and keypad entry, Fifth lesson will make this into QRSS Beacon. After that I am not so sure. Possibly Voltmeter/Power meter, Last lesson will be using DDS with Return loss bridge to make simple Antenna analyser. Other lessons will control stepper motor for loop antenna rotator and servo to tune home made variable capacitor or inductor. 

I am happy to share these with you. 

73s Steve G0XAR

Thanks for doing this, it is a great resource for a noob such as myself.  Think making separate msp430 and Stellarium versions is a great idea, the board diagrams can be larger.

One small suggestion is to make the background white (or lighter anyway) rather than the dark red.  Uses a lot of ink/toner and is harder to read when printed B&W.  Also not sure how you are outputting this but it works well printed duplex on letter size paper (A4?) with the code reference on one side and the hardware on the other.  It would be much easier to print if the two sides were separate pages in the PDF.

Mon ami Jean-Yves,

I am really sorry. I just found your reply. 

My course plan is to take a different approach. Each lesson has an example program which is useful for a ham. Then I discuss it in detail using the code to teach simple aspects. Then I get students to modify the code so they can learn. So far I finished one lesson on LED blinking. The second lesson uses the temperature sensor on the MSP430. The code monitors this and if it gets too high switches a LED on, and a fan, and sounds an alarm. We take the processor off the Launchpad board and build a little circuit with the processor to put it in a PA, or some other equipment which needs a temperature monitor. This is useful, not just theory. And the code is very simple. 

Third lesson will probably be a DDS oscillator using cheap EBAY DDS Module. Fourth lesson will add LCD display and keypad entry, Fifth lesson will make this into QRSS Beacon. After that I am not so sure. Possibly Voltmeter/Power meter, Last lesson will be using DDS with Return loss bridge to make simple Antenna analyser. Other lessons will control stepper motor for loop antenna rotator and servo to tune home made variable capacitor or inductor. 

I am happy to share these with you. 

73s Steve G0XAR

Hello Steve,

sorry for delay, but I was on vacation,  Children, Canoes and sun ;)

but (little) radio too : i connected my launchpad to sis570 of SDR Ensemble by i2c wire..

it's a quick and cheap hack that helped me for test a filter.

Thank you for your share proposition, i'm honored, your cursus program is very very interesting.

If you need help, my (modest) mind is your. ;)

For next update, i will insert temperature library on my chart.

Jean-Yves.

F4DTR